I can't reserve Paris - Frankfurt. What should I do?

• 22 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi! help pls 

so i’m planning to go to hamburg, i already made my reservation from Barcelona to Paris, and i have a 50 min time to make the connection. When i made this reservation (Barcelona-Paris) the guy in the ticket office told me he could only make that one, not the whole thing all the way to Germany. I was confident (i know now i was wrong) that i would be able to do it one day early. Im trying to make the reservation for Paris-Frankfurt and i cant, but i checked other days and I cant any day, it says

“no price results were found for this connection. is it possible that the train is fully booked for pass holders…

but i checked on the DB website and they still have seats. i don’t know what to do, i have only 50 min in Paris and i’m afraid they won’t give me the seat. please help ): 

(i also tried other dates and it always says that) (and i checked on interrap, BD, others and idk what to do should i just try when i get to paris?) 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

RENFE can indeed not book any trains that do not “touch” Spain. Probably since they find it hard to imagine that people would travel so far :(

Since SNCF are also very customer-friendly, there's only a limited number of seats available for pass users, so it is possible that there are no more seats.

Which train exactly on which day would you like to book? Then people can check and also suggest alternatives.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Plan B is to catch a Thalys from Paris Gare du Nord to Cologne and from there to Hamburg

Thalys trains can be reserved online via B-Europe with a passcovernumber but the reservations are more expensive.

Another Option is to reserve via B-Europe a domestic TGV till Strassbourg cross the border to Offenburg or Karlsruhe with a regionaltrain and catch there a ICE to Hamburg

As @rvdborgt  already asked which day at which time? (To give better answers and maybe timetables for the suggested alternative Routes)

The same thing is happening to me, I don’t know what to do because this paris-frankfurt trip is necessary for the rest of my trip and it’s too expensive without the interrail discount...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The same thing is happening to me, I don’t know what to do because this paris-frankfurt trip is necessary for the rest of my trip and it’s too expensive without the interrail discount...

@Romane Petit

What date and time?

Have you called SNCF?