Solved

I made a Eurail train reservation but have an Interrail pass

It appears as if I have made all of my train reservations with Eurail, but I am a resident in Europe and purchased an Interrail pass. Are these tickets invalid? Can I still use them? Is there anything that I can do?????????

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 16:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That should not be a problem. The fares are the same. Just keep your reservations.

Thank you for your reply, but the fares are actually not the same. It costs slightly more to book a reservation with Interrail. For example 15 Euros instead of 12 Euros.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your reply, but the fares are actually not the same. It costs slightly more to book a reservation with Interrail. For example 15 Euros instead of 12 Euros.

That would surprise me. What train is that?

Actually it is 17 instead of 13 Euros, but that isn’t important. The trip is from Venice to Genoa on June 10th, 6:30AM - 10:44AM.

My understanding is that Eurrail travelers don’t have to pay the taxes that Interrail travelers do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Actually it is 17 instead of 13 Euros, but that isn’t important. The trip is from Venice to Genoa on June 10th, 6:30AM - 10:44AM.

Such a train does not exist, but there is a train leaving Venezia Mestre at 6:30. The supplement for that train is 10€; Interrail/Eurail charge an additional 2€ booking fee. There is a connecting IC from Torino P.N. at 10:40 to Genova (arriving 12:21), which costs 3€, or 5€ including Interrail/Eurail's booking fee. In total, that's 13€ without or 17€ with booking fees.

My understanding is that Eurrail travelers don’t have to pay the taxes that Interrail travelers do.

There are no extra taxes. The reservations (and booking fees if you book via Interrail/Eurail) are the same for Interrail and Eurail.

The same reservations can be bought via ÖBB, for 13€ in total, with the single discount "Interrail / Eurail”.

Thank you very much. We do actually have a connection through Milan with the times I quoted, but with a very short transfer between two stations. It will be challenging to make it. I believe you now about the reservations. We will just keep them and hope for the best.