Solved

i ordered paper tickets for Prague to Budapest night train

I ordered 4 night train tickets for me and my friends and said it to be delivered to an address in Germany. The tracking number after putting into the tool on postnl website says. Our apologies, we did not make the promised timeframe for your delivery. Keep an eye on your track & trace overview for more information.

It has been over 4 days now and we need them in time asap. What can be done to reattempt the delivery?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 August 2022, 21:30

View original

16 replies

Badge +5

Where did you buy the reservation? What did you reserve? When are you leaving your address?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a PostNL tracking number, then contact them.

Where did you buy the reservation? What did you reserve? When are you leaving your address?

Bought it off the interrail website. Reserved 4 seat reservations for the night train. We leave the address on August 28th

If you have a PostNL tracking number, then contact them.

I contacted postnl this morning however they said to contact eurail. For some reason the last name on the address has been changed and the parcel went to Germany, which is where it needs to be delivered, but has now been sent back to Amsterdam. Please help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF it as for just a seat-like most young passholders do-then step/steige on dein Fahrrad/Drahtesel=very EKO-freundlich, paddle bis ein DB BHF mit Reisecenter und lasst die es dort machen, gegen normal Gebühr, an sich schon weniger als via app. Vielleicht fragen die dann auch warum du nicht sofrto sur DB gegangen bist und dort auch Pass gekauft……...

Dann erst später nach Empfang dieser cancelt du and fragst Geld rück, seblst wenn dass nicht geht soll es an sich verkraftbar sein-weniger als 5€. Haste jedoch Schlaf/Liege gebucht, dann wird dies schwieriger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Annie.@Claudi. Can you look at this?

IF it as for just a seat-like most young passholders do-then step/steige on dein Fahrrad/Drahtesel=very EKO-freundlich, paddle bis ein DB BHF mit Reisecenter und lasst die es dort machen, gegen normal Gebühr, an sich schon weniger als via app. Vielleicht fragen die dann auch warum du nicht sofrto sur DB gegangen bist und dort auch Pass gekauft……...

Dann erst später nach Empfang dieser cancelt du and fragst Geld rück, seblst wenn dass nicht geht soll es an sich verkraftbar sein-weniger als 5€. Haste jedoch Schlaf/Liege gebucht, dann wird dies schwieriger.

Sorry I don't speak German. If you could translate please

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you gave the correct address, then Interrail is responsible for delivery. You're entitled to a full refund if it's not delivered to your address, which is what it looks like.

To be able to help you, I have to stress, we need the route, date and departure time of the train you booked.

If you gave the correct address, then Interrail is responsible for delivery. You're entitled to a full refund if it's not delivered to your address, which is what it looks like.

To be able to help you, I have to stress, we need the route, date and departure time of the train you booked.

It was Prague to Budapest leaving at 1034pm on 4th September. Overall, for the 4 tickets, it cost me 61.36 gbp

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book this train via cd.cz and receive the reservations via email. Couchettes and sleepers are both still available.

You can book this train via cd.cz and receive the reservations via email. Couchettes and sleepers are both still available.

There is no option to purchase a ticket for my train. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is:

Click on "I want a reservation only” (screenshot is for 4 persons).

Are you looking on a mobile device? Because then you see the limited mobile version. In that case, scroll to the bottom and tap on "Show full website version”.

There is:

Click on "I want a reservation only” (screenshot is for 4 persons).

Are you looking on a mobile device? Because then you see the limited mobile version. In that case, scroll to the bottom and tap on "Show full website version”.

I have just gone to do this and the reservations are now all sold out. Therefore I need these paper tickets or a refund please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have just gone to do this and the reservations are now all sold out. Therefore I need these paper tickets or a refund please. 

There are still couchettes available, in 4-person and 6-person compartments. The price you quoted (GBP 61) sounds like 4 berths in a 6-person couchette compartment (including Interrail's booking and postage charges). Sleepers are getting full indeed. In any case, I tested booking 4 berths in a 6-person couchette compartment on cd.cz and I can get to the payment page.

There are still couchettes available, in 4-person and 6-person compartments. The price you quoted (GBP 61) sounds like 4 berths in a 6-person couchette compartment (including Interrail's booking and postage charges). Sleepers are getting full indeed. In any case, I tested booking 4 berths in a 6-person couchette compartment on cd.cz and I can get to the payment page.

Okay thank you, I have now booked those 4 e tickets. Now can I get a refund for the undelivered paper tickets?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Contact Customer Support through this form and ask for a full refund of the undelivered reservations. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new