Solved

IC from Paris to Amsterdam

• 16 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I’m somewhat confused. The high-speed trains from Paris to Amsterdam are fully booked as usual and the Rail Planer offers me to take the following route for the 30.7.:

IC 9339: 12:22 PARIS NORD -  BRUXELLES-MIDI
IC 9126: 14:22 BRUXELLES-MIDI - ROTTERDAM CENTRAAL
IC 1041: 15:51 ROTTERDAM CENTRAAL - AMSTERDAM CENTRAAL

The confusing thing is that I can’t find either the IC 9339 or IC 9126 in any other Rail Planer and I’m pretty sure that the IC 9339 is actually the THA 9339 that’s already fully booked.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 July 2023, 18:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You're not the first one to say that Thalys trains show as IC trains so looks like something is off…

Here are your options :

- TGV to Lille-Flandres (10€ limited fare but pretty much always available or 20€ afterwards) + reservation-free IC trains via Kortrijk and Antwerp

- TER to Lille-Flandres (departure at 10:22) + same route as above

- route via Maubeuge, Charleroi and Brussels (departure from Paris-Nord at 10:19)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m somewhat confused. The high-speed trains from Paris to Amsterdam are fully booked as usual and the Rail Planer offers me to take the following route for the 30.7.:

Where do you see this train as "IC”? My app (version 31.7.0) shows it as "THA”.

For the rest, follow @thibcabe's advice:

- TGV to Lille-Flandres (10€ limited fare but pretty much always available or 20€ afterwards) + reservation-free IC trains via Kortrijk and Antwerp

- TER to Lille-Flandres (departure at 10:22) + same route as above

- route via Maubeuge, Charleroi and Brussels (departure from Paris-Nord at 10:19)

For the option via Kortrijk, a change at Kortrijk is usually not necessary anymore. Trains run through again from Lille to Antwerp, despite what the planners say.

You're not the first one to say that Thalys trains show as IC trains so looks like something is off…

Here are your options :

Thanks and getting 10€ tickets for the TGV to Lille-Flandres was surprisingly easy.

Where do you see this train as "IC”? My app (version 31.7.0) shows it as "THA”.

Have you tried searching with the ‘No seat reservations required’ filter?  Things work fine without it. But I’m getting weird results in the web-gui once I activate it for trip from Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In the mean time, I've found it on the seat reservations website, in any case for some dates in September: