Solved

ICE 9574 23/08/2022 : Stuttgart Hbf-Paris Est

• 19 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, please can you advise how to book the ICE 9574 on 23/08/2022 from Stuttgart Hbf to Paris Est at 10:53am and arriving at 14.05pm. 
The interrail app is showing an error message and when I go to book on the SNCF or DB it’s showing at around €300!

I also tried to book the train at a Swiss station but they couldn’t book it either. Plus they say this problems happens all the time (not great for young travellers who are trying to get home). 

I know I could purchase the tickets from a German train station but this is TOO late and there will most likely be no seats left. 

Lastly, if I am not able to get a seat reservation for myself and friend can we still get on the train? Or do you HAVE to have a seat reservation? 

Many thanks, 

Jess 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 August 2022, 10:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ypu should be able to make the reservation by calling SNCF. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail. Not all credit cards are accepted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is quite likely though that by now the quota for passholders is taken already. hence -again, it gets boring: hop over Rhinebridge=border, by the local SWEG shuttle Offenburg-Strasbourg, can use any ICE IN DE without RES, and in FR find a seat on a convenient TGV  from Strasbg-hourly. The cost for direct INtern. TGV is very high-even if you find seats available.

Also note that Stg main is since many yrs and many to come under complete rebuild and a big mess-also the local S-bahn trains do not run in the tunnel due to works. PLan the trip with ample time!