Solved

If I exchange my pass, will the reservations I purchased remain to be valid?

I bought a 7 day travel global pass  ( with plus so can cancel) and booked reservations.

I now wish to exchange this pass for the promotion ticket: 1 month continuous travel .

Will my reservations ( which have my original pass number on them) still be valid if I do this?

I'm not sure how my reservations get linked to a new pass.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 May 2022, 01:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, can do

REServ are not tied at all to passes-its all separate. But it may form probs if youve done it all via extra-pay app. Some people do it elsewhere-mostly on site of railway concerned.

What do you mean by "extra pay app"?

The reservations I am concerned about are the ones I did on the interrail website as they appear to have the interrail ticket numbers on the reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

mcadv means that via Interrail you pay a extra fee on top of the reservation. 

And please note, that what mcadv says it is not 100% right. Because on some Reservations you get the Number of your Pass on. You have to check if the Interrail number is on it or not. Sincerely I never got checked the number but it could happen. 

Ok. Thanks. The booking ref on the Eurostar reservations is in face the interrail pass number so I guess changing my interrail pass to a new number could be a problem......

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe you can ask directly Eurostar if it is possible to change this. Because you can try Interrail costumer service but they need very long to answer. 

That's my plan. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know, only Trenitalia print the Interrail pass number on the reservations (that includes the ones done via Interrail). There are more websites where you need to enter it (e.g. Belgian railways for TGV/Eurostar/Thalys or SJ) but then it is not printed on the reservations.