Solved

In-Station Night Train Reservations? (+ how does it work?)

• 7 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi! I have a few questions about reservations, more specifically night trains. 

I’m planning to take a night train from Warsaw Central to Budapest (IC407), and I’ve found Polrail and Czech Transport websites to book the reservations for a sleeper. The only thing is, that the shipping is so pricey and I’m anxious I won’t get them in time. 

Is it possible to book a bed or couchette in station in Warsaw Central? I’ll be traveling mid-June.

Another question I have, is how is the station reservation booking process? Even for normal seats. Do you just show your Interrail pass and the train you want to take? 

This is my first Interrail trip, so I am a bit confused and anxious about reservations!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 May 2023, 09:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m planning to take a night train from Warsaw Central to Budapest (IC407), and I’ve found Polrail and Czech Transport websites to book the reservations for a sleeper. The only thing is, that the shipping is so pricey and I’m anxious I won’t get them in time.

Is it possible to book a bed or couchette in station in Warsaw Central? I’ll be traveling mid-June.

Sure that's possible. It should also be possible at a German ticket office.

Another question I have, is how is the station reservation booking process? Even for normal seats. Do you just show your Interrail pass and the train you want to take? 

That's about it. Often you don't even need to show your pass, you just ask for a reservation for Interrail.