Solved

Individual pass joining with a group of people who have group pass- seat reservations

• 26 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I am an individual who won a pass and I had a group of 5 friends who have also won a group pass. 

Because I didn´t want to go on my own, I have decided to go with them, having already paid for all of our Airbnbs. My question is if I will have to face any constraints regarding seat reservations ( having to be in a different place than their group or having to pay more) or regarding trips ( a trip that they are in is fully booked and I will have ot take another train all by myself). Apart from that, I would be tremendously thankful if you could give me any information regarding an individual person joining another group!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 26 May 2023, 19:32

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As reservations are totally separate from the passes, you can make the reservations together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If they have booked their seats, it will be complicated to sit together but sometimes you can specify a seat number you’d like.

If they haven’t booked their seats yet, it is very easy : make one booking for the six of us. It is recommended to avoid interrail.eu to book seats : 2€ booking fee per person per train + sometimes more expensive. Check :

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm