Innsbruck Hbf - Brennero/Brenner replaced by busses. Recommended or alternatives?

My friend and I want to go from Munich to Rome on the 28.08. for which date we also found a train. It first goes from Munich to BOLOGNA CENTRALE. I just saw that online it says that the train can't drive from Innsbruck Hbf to Brennero/Brenner and therefore there will be Busses for that distance.

Would you still recommend that train/route or should I look for another one? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is your departure time?

Where online did you see there would be a bus between Innsbruck and Brenner? I don't see any journeys with a bus when checking the ÖBB planner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rvdborgt All trains are cancelled due to works between Steinach and Brenner/Brennero. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can try to take this route. Which trains are you taking? The Eurocity? You will arrive in Innsbruck and change to the replacement bus to Bolzano/Bozen or Vipiteno/Sterzing (last year the bus run till Bolzano, but it changes every year due to the works). 

There the train to Bologna will wait for the bus that will be delayed, due to the big amount of traffic on this route. Maybe you will be late in Bologna about 0-60 Minutes. So plan a big step between the train from “Munich” and the train to Rome in Bologna. You could also use instead direct trains to Rome starting from Bolzano/Bozen (wich is also better to change platforms, because in Bologna they are one over the ground and the high speed station under ground with long distance to walk.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt All trains are cancelled due to works between Steinach and Brenner/Brennero. 

Right, so these changes haven't made it yet into the planners. It's probably best to wait until the bus replacement schedules have been published.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Right, so these changes haven't made it yet into the planners. It's probably best to wait until the bus replacement schedules have been published.

Right, but also ÖBB most of the time writes only a notice. That is only notable via fahrplan.oebb.at and they don’t change the timetable, it is currently on this line Innsbruck-Brenner where 4 S-Bahn trains are replaced by busses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Right, but also ÖBB most of the time writes only a notice. That is only notable via fahrplan.oebb.at and they don’t change the timetable, it is currently on this line Innsbruck-Brenner where 4 S-Bahn trains are replaced by busses.

OMG that's a very bad practice if the bus can't keep the train timetable. I hadn't expected such a thing from ÖBB :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Kom, knul, hoe lang reis jij al veelvuldig met treintjes? Of ontbrak die ene smiley? De CD in CZ doet precies hetzelfde-al is daar altijd een conducteur erbij die de reiizgers bewaakt en begeleidt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

De CD in CZ doet precies hetzelfde-al is daar altijd een conducteur erbij die de reiizgers bewaakt en begeleidt.

Zo lang de bus de gepubliceerde dienstregeling kan aanhouden én er iemand bij is die zegt dat het met de bus verder gaat, kan dat werken. Maar aan voorwaarde 1 wordt hier al niet voldaan, zie ook de screenshot.