Solved

Inquiry into Reservations and their availability

• 16 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m planning on using an Interrail Pass to go from Frankfurt to Béziers this August. My question is, how high my chances are for getting a seat reservation for all of the members of my group, we’re 10 people (!). We’re planning on first going Frankfurt → Paris then Paris → Béziers.

Interrail only allows us to book tickets 90 days in advance, I am scared that this may be too late given the busyness of trains to France in August. Does anybody have any experience or tips?

Best wishes, 
Vlad

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 April 2023, 22:48

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can already make seat reservations for the summer, the 3-month mark is a bit loose in France. Book seats here : https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

This site allows you to book TGV seat reservations within France. It works for 9 people max (much better than anywhere else) and it's only 4€ booking fee altogether (not 9 x 2€ on interrail.eu)

90 days is never too late btw, don't worry.

For your legs I'd travel by ICE to Offenburg (reservation-free), take a regional train to Strasbourg and then a TGV to Paris-Est (limited 10€, then 20€)

Paris-Gare de Lyon - Béziers is straight-forward (there are more connections between Paris and Montpellier)