Solved

Intercity Train Seat reservation from Brussels Midi to Amsterdam Central

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I was trying to add journey in Rail planner from Brussels Midi to Amsterdam Central on 19th April at 6.45 departure and returning on the same day at 18.28 pm for a day trip. This seems to be a 2.50 mins long journey and  a direct one too.However, I came across the supplement required for the same needs to booked either on-board, online or at the station. I tried to book it online but couldn't find any proper instructions on the site.

So the question is, is this mandatory? If yes,how to go ahead?

If No, then I am very concerned that without any seat reservation, we might not be able find any available seat in the train.It can be fully occupied. Or in an unfortunate case, extra amount to pay if caught travelling without proper seat reserved tickets.

Kindly guide.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 11 March 2024, 09:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is no supplement with Interrail/Eurail on this route. Any information you find is wrong.

Seat reservations are not possible for anyone on this train, whether you have a ticket or a pass.

Simply show up a few minutes in advance, hop on and sit wherever you want. The train ends will likely be less busy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At 6:45 in the morning, you'll have lots of space if you board in Brussels (note that it also stops at Central and North stations).

The return journey will be a bit busier, since it's a Friday evening, but you board at the first station. It normally leaves from platform 15a, which is on the western side. Most people will board at the rear of the train, because that's closest to the stairs, but if you walk to the front, it should be much quieter.

Thank you so much for your response and wonderful tips!