Solved

International dialing for SCNF to make seat reservation

• 23 August 2022
  • 5 replies

This is seemingly such a ridiculous question but for whatever reason, I can not get a call through to scnf to make a seat reservation. I have a SIM card and my calls in portugal have gone through no problem. Does anyone have any advice for me? Is this used error or is it impossible to reach them?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 August 2022, 18:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you call +33 1 84 94 3635

Press #85 for English 

Yes and the call simply does not go through 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Do you have international calls on your plan?

Roaming and international calling are two different things.

I believe so and I have a Portuguese Vodafone SIM card so shouldn’t I be able to make the calls via unlocking the international call with 00? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

00 doesn’t unlock anything, it is just the correct method to dial an international number from most places (except US).

Check the conditions of the Vodafone Portugal sim you bought.

Edit: looked myself, international calls are not included in PAYG sim, you would have to have credit on the account for international calls which are charged at 23c/min.

https://www.vodafone.pt/telemoveis/tarifarios/comunicacoes-internacionais.html#dias-uteis

This is normal for cheap European PAYG sims. Roaming (using phone when you are in other countries) is included as EUdirective compels networks to provide this service as part of all basic packages, International calls aren’t included.