Solved

Interrail from London to Paris in July 2024

• 27 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Dear community,
I would like to travel with interrail from London to Paris in the end of July. However, the reservation system says that it is not possible to reserve any seats on the eurostar any more. What are my options to get to Paris now? As I have a specific date that I have to be in Paris, I am not flexible with that.
Could I take a train to Dover, take the ferry to Calais and then take a train from Calais to Paris again? I think train tickets are not yet available for that route yet. I guess that I have to pay for the ferry ticket extra and cannot use interrail for that?
If there are any other options, it would be great, if you let me know. Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 27 February 2024, 18:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What reservation system are you looking at? For what date? If you are travelling in connection with the Olympics in Paris, reservations for pass holders might very well be sold out. 

I looked at the reservation system for interrail. For the 31.7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's too early to book on interrail.eu (they have a stupid 90 days policy which will disappoint a lot of people this summer). However you should not wait to get your seats by using another website : Rail Europe works very well.

Available trains on 31st July : 06:01, 07:01, 08:01, 12:31 and later.

Have a look at https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Questions welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I see some availability on July 31, a few morning trains 0601, 0701, 0801 (only the 06.01 has 1st class ) and lots of afternoon/evening, (15.31 onwards has 1st class)

There is also availability to Lille.

use www.raileurope.com for booking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are lots of trains available from London to Paris onbthe 31st of July. 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Outbound

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's too early to book on interrail.eu (they have a stupid 90 days policy which will disappoint a lot of people this summer).

I can see availability via Interrail on 31 July. Not sure why that wasn't the case earlier.

Interrail seem to apply a 180-day booking horizon for Eurostar from/to London. That's equally pointless and incorrect, but less bad than 90 days.