Solved

Interrail Seat Reservations: Prices temporarily unavailable

• 31 May 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi, 
as written in the title, I tried booking Seat Reservations for me and my friends (all Global Pass in paper form). Besides the extremly long loading times on the Interrail.com reservation page, I was most of the time unable to book any trains as all of them were labeled as “Prices temporarily unavailable.” Does this mean these trains are simply fully booked (at least for Interrail travellers) or is this just an extremely annoying bug of the website. 

Jamus

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 31 May 2022, 07:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please give the details of the journey you are trying to book, date, time and route. Then you can get advice on how to proceed.  

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately it happend on several parts of our route. For example: 11th of July from Bern (Switzerland) to London by EuroStar. And then the back ride on July the 16th. Or Bern to Marseille on the 26th of July. We are flexible on times, so our main concern were the costs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can see that you are living in Switzerland.  If you live close to a train station you can go to the ticket office. They should be able to help you with most of the tickets. You can also call SBB/CFF/FFS. Booking at SBB will be cheaper as Interrail has a fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket.

You are aware of the outbound/inbound rule I hope. You can only travel fot free on 2 days in your country of residence. I see from your travel plans that you plan to go back to Switzerland between your trips.  But you probably have a  GA or 1/2-tax Abo for the Swiss part.

The Eurostar you can book here: 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

The Pass Cover Number is on your paper pass, starting with the letter I and 8 digits.

Yeah we will visit the ticket office this afternoon. We are aware of the inbound outbounf rule, but it does not affect us as we have a GA. Unfortunately I was unable to book via B-Europe yesterday. This morning it seems to work, the Interrail website is also working now. 

I can see that you are living in Switzerland.  If you live close to a train station you can go to the ticket office. They should be able to help you with most of the tickets. You can also call SBB/CFF/FFS. Booking at SBB will be cheaper as Interrail has a fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket.

You are aware of the outbound/inbound rule I hope. You can only travel fot free on 2 days in your country of residence. I see from your travel plans that you plan to go back to Switzerland between your trips.  But you probably have a  GA or 1/2-tax Abo for the Swiss part.

The Eurostar you can book here: 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

The Pass Cover Number is on your paper pass, starting with the letter I and 8 digits.

I am traveling as a German. Is a reservation bought via the SBB booking system valid the same way as one booked via Interrail or Trenitalia though it's much cheaper? (comparing 5 CHF to 13€)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Reservations for trains are usable irrespective of where you purchased it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is a reservation bought via the SBB booking system valid the same way as one booked via Interrail or Trenitalia though it's much cheaper? (comparing 5 CHF to 13€)

You can book wherever you like. The prices of mandatory reservations are often the same, regardless of where you buy them. But Interrail adds a 2€ booking fee per person and train. Prices of optional reservations can vary and Interrail is probably the most expensive place to buy them (8€ per person and train).

If you're in Germany, you can also book reservations for trains in or to Italy via DB (ticket office or by phone). You can buy them online via ÖBB.

For more information on how and where to book look at this topic:

If you have any more questions, then open a new topic and specify which train you want to book (route, date, departure time).