Solved

Interrail trip with a 25 people group

• 24 December 2022
  • 2 replies

French version below 

Hello, 

This summer, I'm going with my group of anime (between 16 and 23 years old) to Slovenia. I have a lot of questions about interrail.
- How far in advance should the train be booked? (We go through Vienna (AT)). Is this reservation chargeable?
- Are there limits in the size or weight of the luggage?
- If we take the train at 7 p.m. and arrive the next day at 9 a.m., does that count as one or two days of travel?

Thank you for your answers !

French version

Cet été, je pars avec mon groupe d'animés (entre 16 et 23 ans) en Slovénie. J'ai pleins de quesion à propos de l'interrail.
- Combien de temps faut-il réserver à l'avance le train ? (Nous passons par Vienne (AT)). Cette réservation est-elle payante ? 
- Y a-t-il des limites dans la taille ou le poids du bagage ? 
- Si nous prenons le train à 19h et arrivons le lendemain à 9h, ça compte pour un ou 2 jours de voyage ? 

Merci d’avance !

icon

Best answer by Angelo 24 December 2022, 13:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

1. Reservations: it depends from the train company and the company that sold the reservation. From Belgium you can buy a Group Reservation from Deutsche Bahn and get till Vienna by day trains. If you take the nighttrain Nightjet Brussel-Vienna I would suggest to ask directly Austrian Federal Railways ÖBB. I would also check how much it would cost to get Group Tickets via Deutsche Bahn or ÖBB. SNCB should also sell group tickets for both options. 

2. with so many people, you need to reserve in advance to get all seats. For the nighttrain I would reserve if possible 6 month in advance.

3. no limits in baggage, but carry only how much you or one person can carry.

4. No only 1 day, if after midnight you don't change trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @Angelo  says :) (If you wanna take the Nighttrain i recomend to reserve Asap) and search especially for Group offers as they are often cheaper than Interrail :)