Iryo trains in Spain - launching soon.

• 16 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have just read that Trainline will be offering tickets for a new high speed service in Spain operated by Iryo at cheap prices. It is part owned by Trenitalia but I assume Interrail passes will not be accepted - does anybody know?

https://iryo.eu/en/we-are-iryo-en/

Also SNCF announce a twice daily Alicante - Madrid service under the Ouigo Espana  brand.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I don’t think they will partecipate, Trenitalia owns only 40% on the company, 60% are of Air Nostrum. 

Trenitalia France still do not accept it. 

But I would highly appreciate it, especially that it is possible to book the train tickets (and also Interrail reservations if accepted...) also via other train companies (via Amadeus ticketing system, used by DB for International bookings in France, Thalys, Eurostar or Italy), it would help very much, due to the very “customer friendly” RENFE ticketing system. 

Also I hope, they will have trains to/from France/Italy/Switzerland/Germany in a near future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It may mean that as probably more regular pax now use the new trains-cheaper, certainly at start with low promotional prices-more seats become available on the normal RENFE-AVE. Though the Alacant/Vlc routes do not often feature here as named giving problems.

NO-just as AVLO and OUI-GO they will not accept passes nor supplmts. RYANair also will not.

And as always: best to start booking on the site of who runs it; Iryo (is a kind of slang for ´here I go).

TrenItalia sadly also does not have the very best record in timekeeping or giving adequate pax-informations. As I again had to find out the hard way today