Solved

Is St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie covered by the pass?

• 21 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all! I am planning to go to St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie in France from Germany and have been recommended to buy interrail global pass. However, I cannot find this destination on the interrail website, although I can find some train lines held by DB, SNCF and Ter on the DB or SNCF websites. Is this place covered? 

In addition, I have heard that I need a seat reservation for SNCF. How can I reserve the seat?

icon

Best answer by EdM 21 June 2021, 18:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Stella,

I’ve just checked and St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is covered, and listed on the Interrail timetable. It might be that you searched with the hyphens; try removing them and it may pop up.

All trains to there depart from Nantes, which in turn you’ll probably have to get to via Paris. Nantes to St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is a local TER train and doesn’t need to be reserved, but Paris to Nantes will need to be if you want to go by direct TGV. It’s possible to do this part by TER as well if you like, with a change in Le Mans or Orleans, but I don’t know how much time you have.

For some reason (which may or may not be to do with the pandemic) it isn’t possible to book reservations on the SNCF website at the moment. However, as you are already in continental Europe, you might be able to book them at your nearest large train station in Germany. You can book via the Interrail booking app as well, but you’ll be charged an extra €2 fee each time you do.

Enjoy your planning!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Stella,

I’ve just checked and St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is covered, and listed on the Interrail timetable. It might be that you searched with the hyphens; try removing them and it may pop up.

All trains to there depart from Nantes, which in turn you’ll probably have to get to via Paris. Nantes to St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is a local TER train and doesn’t need to be reserved, but Paris to Nantes will need to be if you want to go by direct TGV. It’s possible to do this part by TER as well if you like, with a change in Le Mans or Orleans, but I don’t know how much time you have.

For some reason (which may or may not be to do with the pandemic) it isn’t possible to book reservations on the SNCF website at the moment. However, as you are already in continental Europe, you might be able to book them at your nearest large train station in Germany. You can book via the Interrail booking app as well, but you’ll be charged an extra €2 fee each time you do.

Enjoy your planning!

Totally recommend the answer above. :)