Solved

Issue with reserving trains - Bug - prices temporarily unavailable

Hello, 

I have been trying to book a train for a week now, but there is always this error message “prices temporarily unavailable” and it tells me to come back in a few hours to check the prices. 

However it’s been a week and I need to be able to book something

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 May 2022, 11:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train very likely has no pass holder seats left. Remember that 26 May is the first day of a long weekend. You could also try SNCF at a ticket office, ticket machine or by phone but I'm afraid the result will be the same.

What is your destination on that day? There are still pass holder seats available between Paris and Strasbourg, for 20€:

You can then take a regional train to Germany. If you're in France, the best is to book French reservations via SNCF, so you don't pay any booking fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OR check the route via Saarbrucken-get off at Forbach for lower domestic price then onward by regional trains.

Other as usual in FR in Allemagne these trains run ev hour or more.

thank you for your response. I will look into booking a train through sncf but i don’t know how to navigate from the sncf website with the pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you tried booking at SNCF by phone?

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

thank you for your response. I will look into booking a train through sncf but i don’t know how to navigate from the sncf website with the pass?

SNCF does not sell Interrail reservations via their website anymore. Very inconvenient. It is still possible at the SNCF ticket office or by phone.