Solved

Issues booking EuroNight

• 7 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there’s some quirk with the booking engine for booking EN trains?

Last night I mapped out options on oebb.at for every possible destination (NJ & EN) from Zurich for a particular weekend (28th or 29th or 30th April) yesterday and later in the night agreed the plans with the others who are traveling.

Tonight I went to book Zurich-Zagreb and it shows no availability at all for any of the 3 days.  Yesterday it showed availability for all.  Sleepers & couchettes for 29th & 30th and seats only for 28th.

I know it’s possible that they all suddenly sold out in theory, but in practice it’s not exactly likely that there was a sudden rush for this particular train, for all of these days, in less than 24 hours.

Is there some quirk like seats being taken back off the market and then being put back on?  Or is there some other explanation for this?

Thanks,

David

icon

Best answer by zagmund 7 February 2023, 21:31

View original

5 replies

I din't think it has been possible to book this connection last night. It's not open for reservation yet.

There's a track closure in Austria from 12/04 until 17/05. This train can't go it's direct way because of that. It's new timetable hasn't been confirmed yet. 

You may verify this by trying any date in between. They are not bookable. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

OK, thanks for that.  I think I’ll go to Berlin instead - the joy of interrailing, eh?

The weird thing is that yesterday it was giving me prices and availability for the 3 days to Zagreb.  Maybe they got some info on the track works and took the tickets back down.

But think of an empty train that will run. It's just not open for reservation yet. I don't think it might have been really possible to book it yesterday.

So there's no real need to plan to go anywhere else because of this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yep, but I need to book with certainty.  I don’t want to book a train which was listed yesterday, not listed today, subject to re-routing, etc . . .  To get hotels organised and plan the rest of the trip I need to know where I’m going to be

Berlin it is.

Thanks,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

JUst use brains and get some peace of mind: as noone can RES-and its not the very lowest price airline ticket where you have to get out of bed when it opens-it is not now or never-ditto for HTLs etc.

THat is also one of the ´joys´ of travel with a pass-the way all those railways can lay on probs that are not real probs.