Skip to main content
Solved

Issues with seat reservations/selecting station. Help a firsttimer out pls! :)

• 2 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I'm departing on my very first interrail journey from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and Stockholm in a few weeks half June. Unfortunately, I am encountering a couple of issues with seat reservations and would appreciate some help.

1. Train from Amsterdam to Osnabrück: I am planning to take the IC 143 from Amsterdam Centraal to Osnabrück Hbf, which requires a seat reservation, which I want to make via bahn.de. However, no matter which date I select, the system always indicates that the train cannot be reserved at the moment. This issue also applies to the return journey. The strange thing is that if I book a ticket for the journey (not just a seat reservation as I am trying now), I can reserve a seat without any problem. How can I make these seat reservations through DB?

2. Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm: I want to reserve a seat from Copenhagen Central Station to Stockholm Central Station via sj.se. However, I can only select Copenhagen Airport as the departure point. Is there a way to book a seat from Copenhagen Central Station to Stockholm Central Station?

1. I have another concern regarding reserved trains with connections: If a train is delayed and I miss my connection, what happens to my seat reservation on the connecting train? Will I be able to use my reservation on a later train or can I easily get a new one?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4 replies

2. Train from Copenhagen to Stockholm: I want to reserve a seat from Copenhagen Central Station to Stockholm Central Station via sj.se. However, I can only select Copenhagen Airport as the departure point. Is there a way to book a seat from Copenhagen Central Station to Stockholm Central Station?

You need to write it Köpenhamn H.

1. I have another concern regarding reserved trains with connections: If a train is delayed and I miss my connection, what happens to my seat reservation on the connecting train? Will I be able to use my reservation on a later train or can I easily get a new one?

Of course that doesn’t work. A seat reservation is for a specific seat on a specific train. On an other train, there are other people that did reserve seats. But you may exchange it for free. How easy it is depends on country and train company. 

Hi everyone,

I'm departing on my very first interrail journey from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and Stockholm in a few weeks half June. Unfortunately, I am encountering a couple of issues with seat reservations and would appreciate some help.

1. Train from Amsterdam to Osnabrück: I am planning to take the IC 143 from Amsterdam Centraal to Osnabrück Hbf, which requires a seat reservation, which I want to make via bahn.de. However, no matter which date I select, the system always indicates that the train cannot be reserved at the moment. This issue also applies to the return journey. The strange thing is that if I book a ticket for the journey (not just a seat reservation as I am trying now), I can reserve a seat without any problem. How can I make these seat reservations through DB?

You didn’t provide a concrete day, but you may try Tickets & services (oebbtickets.at) - it’s even cheaper (just 3 €).

I'm also travelling to copenhagen next week actually. I bought my seat reservations through NS international as DB also gave me troubles. slightly more expensive though, like 5 euros.

Copenhagen Central is called Köpenhamn H in the SJ planner. You should be able to find it then.

seat reservations are for a particular train. if you miss that train due to delays, you should head to the ticket office. they can book you on another train (if there is room) at no additional cost.

Thanks all, that answers all my questions!