Solved

Issues with the Mobile App

• 15 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I have some issues on planning my journey. I’d like to have this route: Bucharest(Romania), Tallin(Estonia), Helsinki(Finland), Hamburg(Germany), Prague(Czechia), Belgrade(Serbia) and Suceava(Romania). Unfortunatelly, I don’t know how to properly use the mobile app (since I’m trying Interrail for the first time) and I’d want some help with my request; I can’t find any train or ferry routes available in the Interrail Network. I’m planning to buy the “7 days in one month (Flexi)” pass. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 May 2023, 16:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to find some of the routes, such as Hamburg to Prague.

However, you also need to take into account that:

• Some of the railways companies don't share their timetable data, e.g. Estonian, Latvian, Serbian railways. That means you can only find timetables on their own websites.
  • Some countries don't have international train services (or hardly any), such as Serbia; also no international trains between Lithuania and Latvia.
  • Many ferry timetables are not in the app.
  • Some railways companies don't publish timetables more than a few months in advance.

In addition, the rail planner app should not be used to plan because it is unreliable. Much more reliable are national websites or app, or the Deutsche Bahn website or DB Navigator app for international planning.

You should be able to find some of the routes, such as Hamburg to Prague.

However, you also need to take into account that:

• Some of the railways companies don't share their timetable data, e.g. Estonian, Latvian, Serbian railways. That means you can only find timetables on their own websites.
  • Some countries don't have international train services (or hardly any), such as Serbia; also no international trains between Lithuania and Latvia.
  • Many ferry timetables are not in the app.
  • Some railways companies don't publish timetables more than a few months in advance.

In addition, the rail planner app should not be used to plan because it is unreliable. Much more reliable are national websites or app, or the Deutsche Bahn website or DB Navigator app for international planning.

so, once I buy the pass, I should plan the journey “locally” only taking into account the companies that are part of Interrail and shouldn’t be any problems? If that, how can I use the digital pass, not the physical one, without the app (because you are saying “the rail planner app should not be used to plan because it is unreliable”)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

so, once I buy the pass, I should plan the journey “locally” only taking into account the companies that are part of Interrail and shouldn’t be any problems?

Indeed.

If that, how can I use the digital pass, not the physical one, without the app (because you are saying “the rail planner app should not be used to plan because it is unreliable”)?

Make you plans using reliable sources. When travelling, you can of course use the rail planner app to look for the trains you want to use and add to your pass. If there's a train you can't find, then you can add it manually.

If you use ferries, please note that almost all of them only have a discount and therefore don't need a travel day. That means you don't have to add them to your pass, certainly not if you're using a flexipass.

Thank you very much for your help! @rvdborgt