Solved

ist es möglich zu prüfen ob an einem bestimmten Tag noch Plätze frei sind im TGV München - Paris bevor ich den Global Pass kaufe?

Ich möchte an einem bestimmten Tag von München nach Paris fahren mit dem TGV. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 10 July 2023, 17:27

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Bei DB oder SNCF nachfragen (Schalter, telefonisch)
  • Hier Datum und Abfahrtszeit nennen, so dass andere schauen können

02.08.2023 oder 03.08.2023 ab München 6.51

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Kein Platz am 2. August und 5 Plätze am 3. (sncf-connect.com)

Mehr Möglichkeiten via Karlsruhe (nicht länger) oder Appenweier/Offenburg (länger).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Am. 2.8. nur Platz in der 1. Klasse.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Kein Platz am 2. August und 5 Plätze am 3. (sncf-connect.com)

There's a quota on these TGV's for Interrail passholders, which is also sold out on the 3rd. So, to answer: there are no seats available on either dates on the direct TGV.

Edit: Ignore this, not sure why I thought that, there do seem to be seats available: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, to answer: there are no seats available on either dates on the direct TGV.

In the meantime, on 3 August, there are also only seats left in 1st class.

Edit: they've appeared again.

It looks like those are the 5 last seats in 2nd class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t think there’s a quota anymore on those TGV/ICE trains. Fortunately I’d say due to their high demand, even higher this year with the French & German governments offer…

(I was also pretty certain that there wasn’t a quota anymore on TGVs to Italy as well but apparently I was wrong… last month I was able to buy a reservation with only one ticket remaining but not possible for next week with 5 available tickets. Has anyone got something official ?) EDIT : The quota seems to have been lifted but I’m unable to book any TGVs to Italy even for a random September date with hundreds of available seats.

Definitely no quota to Spain (but extremely high demand anyway).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's a quota on these TGV's for Interrail passholders

Not anymore. See e.g. the same train on 16 July. There's 1 seat left in 1st class on sncf-connect.com and that 1 seat can also be booked via Interrail. On neither website there's availability if you try for 2 persons.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

There's a quota on these TGV's for Interrail passholders

Not anymore. See e.g. the same train on 16 July. There's 1 seat left in 1st class on sncf-connect.com and that 1 seat can also be booked via Interrail. On neither website there's availability if you try for 2 persons.

Good to know! Sorry for the wrong info. Unfortunately there still seem to be quota's on the Belgium-France TGV's :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good to know! Sorry for the wrong info. Unfortunately there still seem to be quota's on the Belgium-France TGV's :(

Yes, very much so. AFAIK the same quite limited ones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is anyone able to book TGVs to Italy at the moment ?

I thought it was maybe due to the quota or such but all trains (even for a random date in September) show as unavailable… while SNCF offers the lowest price possible (aka hundreds of available seats).

In the end there’s surely no quota anymore as I was able to get a few times a seat ticket on an almost full train.

At least nice that the website shows multiple cheaper alternative itineraries via Strasbourg (only 1h longer).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Only in 1st class and not in all trains with free seats. There's definitely something wrong with 2nd class. If the regular fare is €39, e.g. Milan-Paris 5/10 6:00, then surely there must be pass holder seats.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. is there something wrong with reservations on Milan-Paris?

wo kann ich in Regensburg ein Global pass in Papierformat kaufen und gleichzeitig eine Reserivierung machen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

wo kann ich in Regensburg ein Global pass in Papierformat kaufen und gleichzeitig eine Reserivierung machen?

Am DB-Schalter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Only in 1st class and not in all trains with free seats. There's definitely something wrong with 2nd class. If the regular fare is €39, e.g. Milan-Paris 5/10 6:00, then surely there must be pass holder seats.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. is there something wrong with reservations on Milan-Paris?

@rvdborgt There's indeed something off. I did check the direct TGV trains Milan-Paris v.v only show available for 1st class. I'm going to report this matter.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Am DB-Schalter.

Einen DB Schalter gibt's keinen mehr in Regensburg. Konnte jetzt DB telefonisch erreichen. Man kann Reservierungen auch vor dem Ticketkauf machen, allerdings nur am DB Schalter oder telefonisch mit Kreditkarte.  In meinem Fall waren leider keine Plätze mehr verfügbar.....

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I have just received an update that the respective team are looking into resolving this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi everyone, I just received the update that the TGV issue has been fixed and now the reservation is live on our reservation page! :)

Please let us know if you can see that it goes fine again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Is there now a limited amount of seats available for passholders on the TGV Paris-Germany or not?  I just tried to make one at a DB Reisezentrum and the woman at the counter said no availability (for a Sunday in end of September), although it would be possible to buy a standard ticket on that day for the same route via DB Navigator 🤔.

Ok now even saw in the app that there is a limited amount of seats only available on that connection (TGV9575).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I believe (but I'm not sure) that the Interrail quota is linked to the number of seats sold by SNCF. So there's a quota in a sense.

Are you sure that DB is not selling you a flexible ticket and then later during the booking process it tells you that it is full ?

Are seats left on SNCF for your train ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This message appears only for this train. So I suppose they really limit it. It even appears in October (on Sundays).

didn’t play through the whole booking process on DB but can’t believe that two months ahead it is fully booked.