Solved

Italian regional trains not showing

• 16 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Traveling today between Rimini and Bologna the Rail Planner only shows high speed trains. Even if you adjust to no seat reservations. We are going to travel by regional train to Bologna and for later we have a reservation for High Speed to Rome from Bologna. 

I fear though that the conductor will check the train time in my ticket and say it is not correct. Can you explain to me why the app does not show trains where the pass has validity?

Yesterday we had no problem adding the same train in the other direction coming to Rimini.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 16 June 2022, 13:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Traveling today between Rimini and Bologna the Rail Planner only shows high speed trains. Even if you adjust to no seat reservations. We are going to travel by regional train to Bologna and for later we have a reservation for High Speed to Rome from Bologna. 

I fear though that the conductor will check the train time in my ticket and say it is not correct. Can you explain to me why the app does not show trains where the pass has validity?

Yesterday we had no problem adding the same train in the other direction coming to Rimini.

Because Trenitalia (the railcompany of Italy) doesnt share their entire timetable. In cases a included train is not listed you can always add the trip manually with the informations from the depatureboard or from trenitalia.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Regional Trains run by “Trenitalia TPER” are not in the planner because they do not share the timetable, but can be used. Check the timetable on Trenitalia.com. 

On the same route runs also regional trains of “Trenitalia” this are in the planner. 

Thank you all, I didn't know that it was possible to add my journey manually. This helps a lot. 

Just for my info... the train Piacenza to Ancona yesterday was in the planner normally. And today the Ancona to Piacenza train was not. What is the difference between Trenitalia and Trenitalia TPER if they run the same kinds of trains on the same route?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

PLACE where your trip starts-in other region. A train running Swiss-Italy is swiss in CH and Italian in IT-even tough its exact the same loco+cars. Even normal fares may differ in 2 directions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is the difference between Trenitalia and Trenitalia TPER if they run the same kinds of trains on the same route?

From Wikipedia:

Trenitalia Tper (TTX[1]) is a company operating train services in the Emilia-Romagna region, in Italy, on railway lines overseen by both Rete Ferroviaria Italiana and Ferrovie Emilia Romagna (FER).

The current company was born on 1 January 2020 from the merger of the railway transport division of TPER, which at that time operated railway transportation services on the network operated by FER, and the division of Trenitalia operating local railway transportation services in Emilia-Romagna, on the network operated by RFI.