Solved

Italy Night Trains Not Working

• 28 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi All, I need help with the Italy Night Trains! I’m finding myself going in circles with multiple companies customer support.

We have a global pass, 2 of us my partner and i, and are trying to plan to take the INC #1955 from Rome to Palermo. We want a 2 person cabin. We are looking into October, HOWEVER we’ve been exploring many many dates prior to get an idea of pricing and how to book and it is just not working. 

Heres an overview

• Contacted Eurail Support as “Prices Unavailable” comes up on most dates on the eurail seat res website. Also only shows couchettes. They said to book through a partner, namely Italiarail
  • Contacted Italiarail, all looked good except it was charging full price, not seat res and also split the train with a “transfer” that doesnt exist. They said, please don’t book with us, use eurrail.
  • Raileurope shows no trains available
  • Trenitalia doesn’t let us add Eurail pass.

I am so confused because people say you can book these seatres for these trains, but i feel like i’ve tried absolutely everything and theres no way! only to book full price. All the support companies seem to be sending me in circles too and eurail support says theres no issue, its all working but it isn’t 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 February 2024, 09:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Could you please mention route, date and departure time?

Edit: I see you did mention it. Let me see…

I tried raileurope.com for a random date next month and I see both direct night trains:

Shown is the pass reservation price for a couchette for 2 persons (exclusive use). You can change that to a 2-bed sleeper.

The 20:16/20:31 (think it’s the same) departure from Rome. We are actually looking at October 11th, but more want to make sure it’s going to work and be ok before we lock in Sicily into our plans :) thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The 20:16/20:31 (think it’s the same) departure from Rome. We are actually looking at October 11th, but more want to make sure it’s going to work and be ok before we lock in Sicily into our plans :) thank you!

I edited my response above :)

Could you please mention route, date and departure time?

Edit: I see you did mention it. Let me see…

I tried raileurope.com for a random date next month and I see both direct night trains:

Shown is the pass reservation price for a couchette for 2 persons (exclusive use). You can change that to a 2-bed sleeper.

Thanks for looking into it. They seem to be so hit or miss on different dates, and show up as “rail pass doesn’t apple on most”, either no trains available or the one we are after isn’t there. . Same with Eurail website. All the company supports direct to eachother to book

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for looking into it. They seem to be so hit or miss on different dates, and show up as “rail pass doesn’t apple on most”, either no trains available or the one we are after isn’t there. . Same with Eurail website. All the company supports direct to eachother to book

I think raileurope.com is currently the best website to book this. You didn't mention what your test dates were but keep in mind that the Italian timetable is only up to date until 8 June. On 9 June, the summer timetable starts and Trenitalia do take their time to publish it, bit by bit. There may also be engineering works on certain dates, for which the timetables will become available later.