Solved

Italy: prices temporarily unavailable/ticket not available

Hello,

My friend and I are planning a trip to Venice and Milan very soon (from the 11th of June to the 15th of June). As it is in Italy, we have to book our seats. When we try to do so on the interrail website, it says “Prices temporarily unavailable. Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation.”. So we also tried via the italian website but there is no way of enterring that we have an interrail global pass. Then we tried on the austrian website ÖBB but for every train we checked, it says “ticket not available”. I really don’t know what to do as nothing seems to work and the trip is supposed to happen very soon. 

Any help would be very appreciated :)

Here is our plan :

Geneva - Venice (11.06) 7:39 - 14:42
Venice - Milan (13.06) 11:00 - 13:15
Milan - Zürich (15.06) 11:10 - 14:27 

Thank you very much! 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 26 May 2022, 19:05

View original

15 replies

I don’t get where you saw it working. When i enter my first trip, it still says “ticket not available”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

you have to choise one way ticket (and not only reservation!) and at 2x adult you have to click and choose as discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass

Yes, I doublechecked it, it’s possible to book on the SBB site or with trenitalia (at least I’d get seats assigned, but for sure I didn’t try to pay for it; but it’s not possible to get just reservations online), but not on any other site like ÖBB. It’s not even possible to book normal tickets there (and they seem to be still available). 

If it should be this train by any means, I’d call SBB. At least their system shows availability. 

Sorry, the first answer has been wrong; I did try the earlier train. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello,

My friend and I are planning a trip to Venice and Milan very soon (from the 11th of June to the 15th of June). As it is in Italy, we have to book our seats. When we try to do so on the interrail website, it says “Prices temporarily unavailable. Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation.”. So we also tried via the italian website but there is no way of enterring that we have an interrail global pass. Then we tried on the austrian website ÖBB but for every train we checked, it says “ticket not available”. I really don’t know what to do as nothing seems to work and the trip is supposed to happen very soon. 

Here is our plan :

Thank you very much! 

Venice - Milan, you can definitely book through OEBB. Tried it myself.

Geneva - Venice only works on weekdays via OEBB. Very strange, no idea why.

Milan - Zurich also does not work on weekdays via OEBB. 

Think you've read about it from a message from @rvdborgt 

Having exact same issue!! Did you have any success??

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The most common cause for seeing "No prices available” on the ÖBB website is that you used the "Seat only” option. For Italian trains, however, you need to add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets.

Hey guys I have the same issue but think I’ve figure it out. I downloaded the OBB app.

1. I went to the timetable and entered the ticket I wanted- it came up as 43 euro.
  2. up the top right corner there is a tan that says whose going x1adult, with an option to change. Click on that.
  3. Will take you to a screen where you can enter you discount- type in interail global and it will come up as both inter/eurail 
  4. confurm this and it will take you back to the train times and voila! The price goes down to the 10 euro booking fee!

I’ve attached photos

Hi !

I tried it just like you did on the app and it still says “ticket not availble”. Also, I did enter the Interrail discount and looked for normal tickets, but nothing works...

Hello,

Here is our plan :

Thank you very much! 

Venice - Milan, you can definitely book through OEBB. Tried it myself.

Geneva - Venice only works on weekdays via OEBB. Very strange, no idea why.

Milan - Zurich also does not work on weekdays via OEBB. 

Think you've read about it from a message from @rvdborgt 

Yes so I can only book on of my journey which is really annoying...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sirine Bouchenaki did you choose ONE WAY TICKET and not only a seat reservation? After that you have to add the discount. 

Some trains on the Switzerland-Italy route have problems and are not available via ÖBB.

Hoe heb je dit nu opgelost als ik vragen mag, ik loop tegen hetzelfde probleem aan. 

@Sirine Bouchenaki 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Emma, did you try like we suggest in this tread? with the one way option and the discount code? 

When you give us the starting hour and date and place I can check for you if you have done something wrong or the website can’t sell you the reservation. 

@Angelo Yes i tried it, but unfortunately the tickets were still not available. Its about the train from Utrecht Centraal to Basel 17 july 21:03. 

We can make a reservation for the other traintickets but not this one. 

Thank you for responding! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Emma van Ginkel The Nightjet should be sold out, but you can use the seat cars that run on the same train as IC to Basel/Zürich. Reservation is optional, but I highly recommend to buy one, because bahn.com says for this connection that could be full. 

You can reserve seats for the IC60403 via seat only option of ÖBB tickets.oebb.at (3€/train) or via bahn.com seat only option (4,50€/trip)