Solved

Italy Strike 18/09

• 16 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’ve booked a train from Ventimiglia to Rome on Sunday September 18. I saw this information on the Italian railway app (Trenìt) and was wondering if it affects me at all? 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 September 2022, 18:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You didn't mention your trains but probably not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Was also in strike area on last fr 16/9 and it meant that roughly half the trains still ran (In my country its always all or nothing). But often very late. The screens (of course not the big yellow sheets) and not the planner or apps are best means to inform yourself. TPER= the combined local treni in Emilia Romagna (around Bologna)

Also note it seems there are many flash-strikes also on local transport etc-which may also affect you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You only have to Google the area and you will know. 

Emilia Romagna is the region in Bologna. Your train travells via Genova and the strike is of Trenitalia Tper that operates only local trains and no IC, thats Trenitalia.

You only have to Google the area and you will know. 

Emilia Romagna is the region in Bologna. Your train travells via Genova and the strike is of Trenitalia Tper that operates only local trains and no IC, thats Trenitalia.

Thank you. I checked my train route and it is all along the coast, not in that area so that is helpful! I will keep the strikes in mind as I will be using transit in Rome and Milan later in the week