Solved

Kindly suggest tirano to milan central route

• 13 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hi all - thanks for all your help so far. I have another query for tirano to milan route. I would be reaching tirano around 18.00 on 25th May  by Bernina express. I have to reach Milan central on same day. Could you please suggest train route for same as I am not able to find on app. What can I see is below at 18:48 which has 2 bus changes. Is there no train or app is not showing? TIA

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 13 May 2024, 15:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are engineering works that weekend. You must take a replacement bus to Morbegno and then the train.

Rail Planner doesn’t show you all options though. Use trenitalia.com. For example:

• Bus Tirano - Morbegno 18:48 - 20:00
  • R Morbegno - Milano Centrale 20:10 - 22:10

Option 2:

• Bus Tirano - Morbegno 19:38 - 20:50
  • R Morbegno - Milano Centrale 21:00 - 22:40
Badge +1

There are engineering works that weekend. You must take a replacement bus to Morbegno and then the train.

Rail Planner doesn’t show you all options though. Use trenitalia.com. For example:

• Bus Tirano - Morbegno 18:48 - 20:00
  • R Morbegno - Milano Centrale 20:10 - 22:10

Option 2:

• Bus Tirano - Morbegno 19:38 - 20:50
  • R Morbegno - Milano Centrale 21:00 - 22:40

Thanks for quick reply @thibcabe . I hope the pass covers this route for bus+train? Also if any idea how far the  bus stops from Tirano and Morbegno stations? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes the pass covers everything.

Tirano bus station is south of the Italian train station, use the underpass. There will likely be signs.

I have no personal experience with Morbegno but looking at Google Maps there should be enough space in front of the train station.

Badge +1

@thibcabe could you help with below queries please.

1. Do i need to book any seat for Bus and/or train? How can i make seat reservations for the bus as i would be travelling with family and don't want to miss that bus at 18:48 due to non-availability of seats

1. How can i add this journey (bus+train) to the pass? Manually?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can’t book seats on trains or replacement buses on this regional route.

If the eurail app hasn’t been updated to show the correct train/bus times then yes, you can add these manually, use trenitalia website or app to get the correct times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In addition: if you split the search (Tirano - Morbegno and then Morbegno - Milan) all connections seem to be there.

Badge +1

thanks again for quick response @Al_G  and @thibcabe