Solved

Kopenhagen to Oslo

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I want to travel from Kopenhagen to Oslo in August, but the times are mostly more than 16 hours at that time with a lot of stops. At the other side, when I would travel today, there would be trains that make it in 8 hours. So my question is, will faster trains to Oslo be uploaded later or is the August somehow special ?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 25 January 2023, 19:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The timetable for the Swedish trains are only set until the 28th of May so you will have to be patient to get the correct information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think it's safe to assume that the timetables are not up to date yet.

In addition, please don't use the rail planner app or the Interrail website to plan. They don't get enough updates to be reliable. Instead, use national or the operators’ own planners. For international planning, the DB planner or DB Navigator app is a good choice.

Trains Göteborg - Oslo are best looked up via entur.no. They say: "Most companies provide good data for 120 days, but we cannot guarantee the best travel suggestions when searching beyond 60 days in advance.”

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

From https://www.sj.se/en/customer-service/frequently-asked-questions.html/5170-when-does-sj-release-their-tickets?take=5

At the moment, the Swedish Transport Administration has extensive problems with its planning of track works and thus giving notice of which trains can run. This means that the departures are released for sale with significantly shorter notice than usual, sometimes only a few weeks before departure. We are really sorry about that. We release departures continuously as soon as we receive notification from the Swedish Transport Administration.

I contacted SJ by email in the last few days and they replied yesterday that “Tickets will be released tomorrow that you can book from March 13 - May 28 2023”, so as above tickets beyond that date aren’t available.  And those tickets were indeed released this morning - I booked one.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

From the top of my head: this trip can definitely be done in 8-9 h. One change needed in Göteborg. No need to reserve seats, if you skip the X2000 train / SJ Snabbtåg.