Solved

Länderbahn included

• 29 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm spontanously planning an Interrail-Trip beginning on Monday, 2nd August. I’m planning to visit Pilsen first and I would like to hopp on the train to Pilsen in Regensburg (Train-ID in the DB App ALX RE25 - departure 10:14). The train is provided by the Länderbahn GmbH which should be part of the Interrail network. However the railplanner App says, that this train is not part of the network. Is this a bug and is there a way, I can take this train?

Best wishes

icon

Best answer by seewulf 29 July 2021, 21:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd say this is a mistake in the planner.

@Nanja, this is something for the next planner update, I suppose.

Edit: I just checked in my own app and that train doesn't have any remarks in the Interrail app. Maybe that was corrected with today's update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@reinsch9z  I can say that the trains of Die Länderbahn alias “Alex” are within the passnetwork if your app still say it´s not i assume you have an outdated app as mine says since few weeks that they are covered :)

I used them already with Interrail pass :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just to confirm, it used to be mentioned as not being included but this has recently been adjusted as Die Länderbahn is indeed covered by Eurail/ Interrail. Cheers, 

Just to confirm, it used to be mentioned as not being included but this has recently been adjusted as Die Länderbahn is indeed covered by Eurail/ Interrail. Cheers, 

Die Länderbahn CZ also operate some local services around Chomutov. I just had the pass refused on one of these so it’s not as simple as saying DLB is covered by the pass. Fortunately I was only going two stops and the lady didn’t bother charging me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@desperado should be included in the pass, where the German Rail Fare for local trains is valid “Deutschlandtarif”, 

In Czech Republic only CD, Regiojet and LeoExpress accept Interrail/Eurail if I am not wrong.

Like Arriva CZ (a company of DB) do not accept it. Maybe it is the same here for trains of Länderbahn CZ (a company of Netinera - part of Trenitalia). 

@desperado should be included in the pass, where the German Rail Fare for local trains is valid “Deutschlandtarif”, 

In Czech Republic only CD, Regiojet and LeoExpress accept Interrail/Eurail if I am not wrong.

Like Arriva CZ (a company of DB) do not accept it. Maybe it is the same here for trains of Länderbahn CZ (a company of Netinera - part of Trenitalia). 

The app / web journey planner show the “Die Länderbahn CZ” trains as included (look up Chomutov to Jirkov for example). If, in the app, you do “more” → “Rail network guides” → “Czech Republic”, “Die Länderbahn CZ” is not listed, either as included or as excluded. It’s just missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@desperado 

Please report this to Customer Support using the form below so that they can check and if needed make updates.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new