Solved

Lake Brienz from Interlaken Boat/Ferry

Badge

I heard that the Brienz Lake boat tour from Interlaken is also covered in the Interrail pass. Do I need to reserve a seat/book? Is it usually in full capacity on summer? I’m thinking of taking the boat around 4 pm 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 1 May 2024, 09:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

the boats of BLS on Lake Brienz and Lake Thun are included in the pass.

Reservations are not possible except for the restaurant on board of the ship.

More informations about the boats bls-schiff.ch

I heard that the Brienz Lake boat tour from Interlaken is also covered in the Interrail pass. Do I need to reserve a seat/book? Is it usually in full capacity on summer? I’m thinking of taking the boat around 4 pm 

Just head to the boat and add the trip in the app. You do not need to book or reserve anything. 

On a sunny day you won't be alone. But you should get a seat if you do arrive early. Be aware that the ship has 1st and 2nd class.

BTW: 11.07 and 14.07 departures from Interlaken and 12.40 and 15 40 departures from Brienz are operated with a vintage steam ship from 1914. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ships can get really busy, so if you arrive late, you might get only a bad seat… so I would suggest to arrive half an hour earlier before the connecting train arrives. Then you can be one of the first to board. 

Badge

Thank you so much for the replies! Is it like this in the app? I tried to filter out using just the ferry.

And on the google maps, what should I search for the harbor to hop on the boat? How many minutes would you recommend us to stand by on the location before the set time so that we get a good location?

Thank you so much for the replies! Is it like this in the app? I tried to filter out using just the ferry.

Yes, it is.

And on the google maps, what should I search for the harbor to hop on the boat?

Interlaken Ost 

How many minutes would you recommend us to stand by on the location before the set time so that we get a good location?

14 minutes