Solved

Lausanne to Paris

• 4 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi again! Ive now successfully purchased all my trains but 1. From Lausanne to Paris. Im trying to book it through oebb but it has said tickets unavailable for weeks, and tickets through sncf are so expensive - they dont accept a eurail pass for discount. Where else can I book them that may be cheaper? Its cheaper through the eurail site at this point. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 4 November 2022, 02:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oebb will not be able to reserve seats on that route.

For direct (TGV Lyria) trains or trains connecting in Switzerland to direct TGV Lyria your only option for online reservations is eurail and as you have seen the prices are very high, this is down to the loading placed by the operator, not the booking site.

The option usually recommended here to save money is for passholders to use other Swiss/French trains to get to a station in France and change there to a TGV to Paris where the passholder fee will be either €10 or €20 from this link https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv?#TravelWish

From Lausanne there is no one best route for this due to schedules and connections and it will take significantly longer than the direct train.

If you just want the direct then book through eurail, if you want the cheaper alternatives then provide a time, date and what your priority is; departure time, arrival time, overall journey time, cost and I’m sure someone here will be able to give the best option.