Solved

Lille Europe direct to Avignon TGV #9830

• 17 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’m trying to get seat reservations from Lille Europe direct to Avignon on TGV #9830 for 17 May (bypassing Paris) but whichever site (Rail Europe/SNCF/SNCB) I try to book on, it shows the full price tickets without the Eurail Pass discount. 

Eurail Planner does not have this direct option and only offers routes with a change at Paris (Nord-Gare Lyon) which I’m trying to avoid as I’m travelling with children.

Have all the Pass Holder seats been filled up? I’ve been checking this route regularly since Dec 2023 but of course tickets are not open for sale yet, and now they are available but without the pass dicount 🤔

Hoping to hear some expert advice from the pros 💪🏻

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 17 February 2024, 11:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

raileurope.com shows the direct train at 14.01 from Lille Europe to Avignon TGV for €20.

You must use the desktop site and add eurail/interrail pass.

Great! Now I see the fare after I used VPN to change location (I’m from Singapore btw).

Guess the problem is my country’s location. I have been using the desktop site (without VPN) to search but to Avignon Centre instead of TGV on Rail Europe and it states that “Rail pass only applies for part of your journey”.

Thanks so much fro your help!

raileurope.com shows the direct train at 14.01 from Lille Europe to Avignon TGV for €20.

You must use the desktop site and add eurail/interrail pass.

Can someone also advise what the orange seats in the TGV seat map mean? I was assigned Coach 6, seats 26, 27 and 28 but I haven’t checked out yet. 

I don’t fancy being near the toilets and hope to get seats near the luggage racks. Any tips to better secure a seat away from the toilets?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could call SNCF to select seats, they’re able to : https://www.sncf-voyageurs.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone/

As far as I know they do not accept many non-European cards though. Worth to try still.

You shouldn’t wait too long before booking : this train is leaving right before a holiday weekend (Pentecost/Whitsun) so it’ll sell out pretty soon.

Btw there is no passholder quota on French domestic trains. There is a 10€ limited fare and then it costs 20€ until the train sells out.

There are overhead luggage racks too in case. It’s a single deck TGV so they’re pretty large.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The orange seats is where you'll find electric plugs (prise de courant) @panzersp