Limited options for trains Slovenia to Italy. Why?

• 19 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi I am planning on travelling from Lake Bled to Florence on the beggining of july but there is only one train available that takes 2 travelling days… In the app there are many more trains until june, is it because the schedule is not updated yet or because of covid or something? Also when I don’t know what it means when next to the seat reservation appears N/A, does this mean that there are no seats left/ the reservation is not needed?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi I am planning on travelling from Lake Bled to Florence on the beggining of july but there is only one train available that takes 2 travelling days… In the app there are many more trains until june, is it because the schedule is not updated yet or because of covid or something?
The timetable for the summer is not published yet by Italian Rail wait till March/April usually then they publish it :) You can plan with the current trains as there are usually no big changes :)

This connection cost 20€ 10€ for Villach - Venice + 10€ for Venice - Florenec

This connection would cost 10€ for the last train from Venice to Florence :)

Also when I don’t know what it means when next to the seat reservation appears N/A, does this mean that there are no seats left/ the reservation is not needed?
Reservation N/A means reservation not available you have to find a alternative way to reserve :) if the train is reservation compulsory :) Regionaltrains can´t be reserved and are because of that often marked with Reservation N/A

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note: there is another way which may be shorter. The SLO station Nova Gorica and the IT stazione Gorizia are in fact in the same town, with the border in between. You can walk or take citybus between the 2. This may mean the total journey is shorter. Use travelplanners for both sectors separate -best the one from the country involved. And yes, Tr-IT has a long founded reputation of not publishing new data untill just a day or 2 before the changes-and occasinally even after it has already started! Just use totay times for rough planning.

Note: there is another way which may be shorter. The SLO station Nova Gorica and the IT stazione Gorizia are in fact in the same town, with the border in between. You can walk or take citybus between the 2. This may mean the total journey is shorter. Use travelplanners for both sectors separate -best the one from the country involved. And yes, Tr-IT has a long founded reputation of not publishing new data untill just a day or 2 before the changes-and occasinally even after it has already started! Just use totay times for rough planning.

Thanks this seems very helpful! Do you know if those trains are included in the global pass?