Solved

Ljubljana - Split, only let's me book sleeping compartment for Ljubljana - Zagreb

Hello!

I am traveling from Ljubljana - Split 16.08.2022.

I am going to book a bunk for me to sleep in but as i understand it only let’s me book the sleeping compartment between Ljubljana - Zagreb (1Hours something that takes), where i will be switching trains.

As you can see it says the sleeping compartment is only between Ljubljana and Zagreb, which is not worth 160€, i wonder if the next train i will be taking from Zagreb - Split have any bed compartments and in that case does the “Bed reservation” from Ljubljana - Zagreb train cover this train also?
As you can see here it only says “Ticket not available” 
So my question is does this train have beds and is that covered from the previous train or do i have to book this train somehow or what?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 22:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course it does not make much sense to book a sleeper for 1 hr. and certainly not to pay such a ridiculous money for it.

The trains IN Hrvatska=Croatia canNOT be booked from outside-have to do that locally. Also I somehow remember that actual nr of real beds/sleepers on this train (starting not at Zag at all anymore) is quite low. NO, noone will be able to tell you how ´full´ trains will be-it varies an awful lot per day. Locals mostly simply take the bus-ev 30 mins. and much faster too.

There are also a few -not daily-holidaymaker trains now via Ljub-Zag to Split/sunny coasts of Hravtska-but these do not accept passes or charge very high supplmt. IF you insist on a sleeper and have pass with passdays this may perhaps then be the better option.

Of course it does not make much sense to book a sleeper for 1 hr. and certainly not to pay such a ridiculous money for it.

The trains IN Hrvatska=Croatia canNOT be booked from outside-have to do that locally. Also I somehow remember that actual nr of real beds/sleepers on this train (starting not at Zag at all anymore) is quite low. NO, noone will be able to tell you how ´full´ trains will be-it varies an awful lot per day. Locals mostly simply take the bus-ev 30 mins. and much faster too.

There are also a few -not daily-holidaymaker trains now via Ljub-Zag to Split/sunny coasts of Hravtska-but these do not accept passes or charge very high supplmt. IF you insist on a sleeper and have pass with passdays this may perhaps then be the better option.

Hi!

Okay, thank you very much!!

Since i wont be able to reserva a seat locally i cant know for 100% if i will have a seat and i would like to know that for 100% so is there any tips you could give me / what would you do in my situation?

I have one extra travel day left on my pass + this trip from Ljubljana - Split

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does it have to be an overnight journey? Otherwise just leave Ljubljana at 8:30, with a change in Zagreb and enjoy the views from the train between Zagreb and Split.

Does it have to be an overnight journey? Otherwise just leave Ljubljana at 8:30, with a change in Zagreb and enjoy the views from the train between Zagreb and Split.

Yes, it has to be an overnight trip since we arrive in Ljubljana around 2pm that day.

I found this website: 

https://prodaja.hzpp.hr/en/Ticket/Journey?StartId=72480&DestId=76660&DepartureDate=2022-08-04&DirectTrains=True&Class=2&ReturnTrip=False&Passenger1Count=2&Passenger2Count=0&Benefit1Id=29

Where you can reserve seats, is this possible since the previous guy said it could only be done locally?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found this website: 

https://prodaja.hzpp.hr/en/Ticket/Journey?StartId=72480&DestId=76660&DepartureDate=2022-08-04&DirectTrains=True&Class=2&ReturnTrip=False&Passenger1Count=2&Passenger2Count=0&Benefit1Id=29

Where you can reserve seats, is this possible since the previous guy said it could only be done locally?

That's for normal tickets including a reservation.