Lyon-Girona - no time left to receive paper reservations. Suggestions

• 26 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I want to travel from Lyon to Girona on June the 6th. I already read throught the FAQ and see I’m not the only one having trouble making a reservation for a train that crosses the border. 

I tried to make a reservation with the interrail-planner. It seemed possible at first, but at the checkout it said there was not enough time left to sent the paper tickets, although it is still 9 days in advance. I already booked my first train from Ostend (Belgium) to Lyon that day so it would be nice to be able to travel on. At an nmbs station I cannot make the reservation because apparently it’s not possible for them anymore to sell tickets that are crossing the Spanish border.

I can try to purchase the tickets on the day itself, but that seems a bit tricky and exhausting to me as I only have half an hour to transbord…

I saw some things about the DB and making reservations on the phone, but I don’t have a credit card. Does anyone have suggestions what to do next?

I did look up the regional trains but it will take me a very long time and a lot of transfers or maybe I didn’t look right?

Thanks for any advice,

Tine

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

en een goejendag Vlaamse!

het is perfect heel goed te doen dit per TER=regionale trein the doen, Ik heb dat zelf verl. jr omgekeerd zo gedaan. Het duurt wel wat langer en je correspondeert wat vaker.

Op de app kan je zelfs kiezen ´treinen zonder reservatie´.

In kort: TER tr rijden elke 1 of 2 uur Lyon-Avignon (door naar Marseille), vanaf A langsheen de kust (MOntpellier etc) tot Narbonne-dan some naar Toulouse (=overstap< soms door=zittenblijven tot net over de grens FR-ES; Port BOu. (Omgekeerd tot ook net over grens, dus net in FR; Cerbere).

Vanaf daar RENFE rodalies=op breedspoor, doorheen Barca/tunnel (met veel meer stops als enkel Sants=Main).

Beste planner voor dit al is bahn.de (duitse NMBS), daar staan sinds kort zelfs de overal missende ES treintjes op, maar nog niet voor hele zomer-neem aan dat het amper gaat verschillen.

We moeten op dit forum toch wel dagelijks velen hierop wijzen-vroeger snapten passholders dat zelf wel, maar sinds al die planners schijnt elke kennis totaal verloren te zijn geraakt.

je kan evt inkorten door tevoren op een SNCF machine te bekijken of er nog voor 10€ plekjes zijn tot Perpignan of evt. MOntpellier, via his-peed. Met TGV overde grens kost je do tegen de 40€-dat ga je toch besparen!