Solved

Making Business Class Reservation WIEN HBF (Austria) - VENEZIA MESTRE (Italy) 12.26.23

• 26 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Trip: WIEN HBF (Austria) - VENEZIA MESTRE (Italy) Dec 26 2023. Rail Jet Train 131

I checked the OBB website and it does offer the Business Class upgrade on my train using my Eurail pass (1st Class), but via the Eurail site, I could only make a first class reservation, which I did.

I would like a Business Class reservation and am happy to pay the difference in fare, but how do I now do this, having made a first class reservation via Eurail?  And why doesn’t Eurail offer this Business Class option via their reservation system, for this train?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 26 November 2023, 18:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

1st a General advise
Reserve when ever possible with the Railcompanies directly as a 1st Class Reservation on this train would be free ;) for 1.Class Passengers. 
There is a detailed guide 

2nd. 
Eurail use a different system and is not familar that ÖBB offer the Business Class ontop of the 1st Class on their Railjet 

3rd. Finally the most important advice please check what Eurail sold you as the Railjet charge a surcharge of 10€ (2nd Class) or 15€  (1stclass) for Railpass user like Interrail/Eurail. Sometimes Eurail managed to combine the reservation and the surcharge in their booking system but not always :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Eurail reservations on this route include the Tarvisio surcharge (owner of the tracks doesn’t acknowledge Interrail/Eurail = prefers this surcharge money).

The Business Class supplement is available through oebb.at as explained above.

Though as far as I can see the 6 Business Class seats on RJ131 are sold out so you better keep your original 1st class reservation. 1st class is already very good and there aren’t many seats left either (small part of the train). :)

Expect trains around Christmas and New Year to be very busy : this one will not be an exception.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Eurail reservations on this route include the Tarvisio surcharge (owner of the tracks doesn’t acknowledge Interrail/Eurail = prefers this surcharge money).

Is it really the owner of the tracks? Back in the daysthe reason was that the Railcompany with the Italian license for this service wasnt part of Interrail/Eurail. How ever ÖBB still charge even as they now operate on their own. If iam not mistaken. The Brenner Services operate still with TreNord. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I thought ÖBB Italia was the owner of the tracks but you’re probably right.

https://www.obb-italia.com/de/angebote/interrail-eurail