Solved

Making Seat Reservation Budapest - Split

• 14 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, I am wanting to book a seat reservation for the following train, but how can I do this? I am slightly confused on who the train operator is too. Thanks :))

icon

Best answer by Hektor 14 May 2024, 16:51

View original

9 replies

In general it’s possible to book here: MÁV-START new online ticketing (mav.hu). But July 12th doesn’t show availability (other dates do).

And there are just couchette and sleeper carriages (no seating carriages so it’s not possible to do just a seat reservation).

In general it’s possible to book here: MÁV-START new online ticketing (mav.hu). But July 12th doesn’t show availability (other dates do).

And there are just couchette and sleeper carriages (no seating carriages so it’s not possible to do just a seat reservation).

Hi, I don’t understand how to make a seat reservation at all. I have looked at the 11th, 12th and 13th and they show available trains but quote that the price is unavailable. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The MÁV website works for me, incl. for 12th July (note that the night train doesn't run daily).

Add your date of birth and then you may select Interrail as a discount. The prices are as follows:

- 29€ for a couchette in a 6 ppl compartment

- 41€ in a 4 ppl one

- more expensive for sleepers

Let us know if it doesn't work. Book well in advance as it's a popular train.

Btw the night train starts in Budapest-Keleti, closer to the center.

Hi, 

Do you mind showing me how you did this please? Every time I do this, it shows me no prices. Also, for which time train is this?

thanks

Hi, 

Do you mind showing me how you did this please? Every time I do this, it shows me no prices. Also, for which time train is this?

thanks

Are you sure that you did ask for the train you’d like to take? Your first screenshot does show the direct night train from Budapest to Split. Is this one the train you’d like to take?

Because you did write that you did search for 11th, 12th and 13th of July and you did get available trains. But the direct one is not running July 11th or July 13th so I assume you did look at anything different than shown in your original posting. The direct night train is (just) running Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from Budapest.

For the direct train, it’s possible to book the way described (but as written before: July 12th is sold out). For other connections with changes this is not possible. You’d see the timetable and “Price not available”. E.g. 15.35 from Budapest: These are three different trains.

So what are you really trying to book?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'm pretty sure that 12th July did show availability yesterday... (but I didn't make a screenshot).

Otherwise consider the Vienna - Split service. It's more expensive but it still has some availability. Book ASAP.

The Zagreb - Split night train might be available through rezervacije@hzpp.hr.

Hi, 

thanks

Are you sure that you did ask for the train you’d like to take? Your first screenshot does show the direct night train from Budapest to Split. Is this one the train you’d like to take?

Because you did write that you did search for 11th, 12th and 13th of July and you did get available trains. But the direct one is not running July 11th or July 13th so I assume you did look at anything different than shown in your original posting. The direct night train is (just) running Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from Budapest.

For the direct train, it’s possible to book the way described (but as written before: July 12th is sold out). For other connections with changes this is not possible. You’d see the timetable and “Price not available”. E.g. 15.35 from Budapest: These are three different trains.

The one I am trying to book is the one I have put in the screenshot the 12th July direct. Where does it show it is sold out? I have been trying to book for months and it has always said the price is unavailable. Thanks

Hi, 

thanks

The one I am trying to book is the one I have put in the screenshot the 12th July direct. Where does it show it is sold out? I have been trying to book for months and it has always said the price is unavailable. Thanks

You need to book with https://jegy.mav.hu/ as written before. You do see that is sold out by a red sign (green = a lot of places available; orange = just a few places left). If you just did have a look at Eurail (I assume) you won't get correct information about this. "Price unavailable" means that the system has no data for this train.

July 14th still has availability if that does help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I still see availability on 12 July. MÁV's "thermometer” is even showing green.