Making seat resevations in advance for Spain

• 12 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Is there any other way to make a seat reservation in Spain (Madrid - Barcelona) other than in person at a station in Madrid? We are travelling in August but are based in the US. I'm concerned that we won't have seats if we wait until we arrive in August to make reservations.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information on different ways to make reservations for domestic Spanish trains. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can ask a Travelagency that handle bookings of German Rail :) As the german railbooking system have limited access to Spanish one to reserve trains in advance.

Here is information on different ways to make reservations for domestic Spanish trains. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Thank you! I'll try any one of the options listed.

You can ask a Travelagency that handle bookings of German Rail :) As the german railbooking system have limited access to Spanish one to reserve trains in advance.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find one here in the US

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are daily trains ev HOUR. And no these will not be all fully booked weeks advance-your fears are ungrounded. Ad day -or 2-advance should be enough. If you cannot stand all this uncertainty, book your´party´ in the new start-up low cost competitiors (OuiGO and AVLO)-and keep passday for later on.

Note that the last 3-4 summers MAd was so incredibly hot (climate change) that it was hotter as the Sahara desert.

There are daily trains ev HOUR. And no these will not be all fully booked weeks advance-your fears are ungrounded. Ad day -or 2-advance should be enough. If you cannot stand all this uncertainty, book your´party´ in the new start-up low cost competitiors (OuiGO and AVLO)-and keep passday for later on.

Note that the last 3-4 summers MAd was so incredibly hot (climate change) that it was hotter as the Sahara desert.

Thanks mcadv. That helps if there is flexibility to get a train when we arrive. Also good to know the summer temps. No different than Boston so all good lol.