Solved

Milan to Tirano

• 4 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello!

I am unable to book a train from Milan to Tirano on our Global Pass on this site. It is only showing trips of 7 hours via Switzerland with numerous stops. But when I go to Rail Europe, there are direct trains from Milan to Tirano (2.5 hours). Why can’t I see this direct train on the Eurail site?

I don’t want to book on Rail Europe and get charged as we have the Global Pass and travelling within Italy should be free

Please advise

Tania

icon

Best answer by ralderton 4 December 2023, 11:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey,

could you tell the date you wanna travel?

Might be that the timetable is not yet published as next weekend is timetable change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The timetable from 10 December has just been published on the Trenitalia website. It should be in one of the next rail planner app updates.

But since there are only regional trains between Milan and Tirano, there's nothing to book. You just need to register the train in the app, but there's no rush to do that. You just need to do that before boarding and by that time, the app should have been updated.

Hello!

We are travelling from Milan to Tirano on the 29th of December. So it is is really not that early to book I think.

I understand we don’t need to book a seat, but I cannot even find trains with 2.5 hours. they all are more than 7 hours going through Switzerland (when trying to book in Eurail)

Thanks you! Any suggestions?

Maybe they will update them next weekend! Hopefully :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We are travelling from Milan to Tirano on the 29th of December. So it is is really not that early to book I think.

As I said, there's nothing to book. You just need to register the train in the app before boarding the train.

I understand we don’t need to book a seat, but I cannot even find trains with 2.5 hours. they all are more than 7 hours going through Switzerland (when trying to book in Eurail)

You can check the timetable on trenitalia.com. That's more reliable (for Italy) anyway than the rail planner app. For Switzerland, use sbb.ch or the SBB app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The trains are running, it’s just that the app doesn’t know about them yet. 

You can wait a couple of weeks, or you can add the train manually, based on the timetable you’ve found on Rail Europe. 

I like the Add Manually Option! Thank you I will try it

This journey is operated by trenord.it.  Their timetable is not reflected on Eurail app.  You should be able to manually add it to your trip after perusing the timetable.

This journey is operated by trenord.it.  Their timetable is not reflected on Eurail app.  You should be able to manually add it to your trip after perusing the timetable.

Thank you!