Minden, Germany to Paris, France airport

• 6 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I would like to travel from Minden, Germany to Paris, France airport around approximately July 25. But Eurail says there are no trains found. But Google maps shows train (and bus) routes I can take. Why is Eurail not showing any routes? Could someone help me figure out how to use Eurail for this travel? Thanks!

5 replies

I assume you did choose the wrong arrival station. 

In the Eurail app you need to choose Paris Aeroport Cdg2 Tgv Roissy.

Then you’ll get the connections you are searching for (if you’d like to go to that airport; there’s not just one in Paris but I assume you’d like to go there).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. The planner on bahn.com is more reliable.
  2. For Paris, it's better to use the generic "PARIS” (or "Paris (France)” on eurail.com) because that will take all Paris stations into account.
  3. If you plan to use Eurostar to Paris, it's cheaper to book that train on raileurope.com (desktop website only). Click on “Add rail pass”.

I already have a 5 day global Eurail pass. Will I be able to use that for a trip from Minden, Germany to Paris, France? Or will I need to buy a ticket from Rail Europe or someplace else because Eurail won’t get me where I need?

I assume you did choose the wrong arrival station. 

In the Eurail app you need to choose Paris Aeroport Cdg2 Tgv Roissy.

Then you’ll get the connections you are searching for (if you’d like to go to that airport; there’s not just one in Paris but I assume you’d like to go there).

Did you read the anwer? If you do choose Paris Aeroport Cdg 1 Roissy you won’t get any results. Did you choose the correct station?

I do get a connection with Eurail about every hour for July 25th. 

Of course you may use your railpass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I already have a 5 day global Eurail pass. Will I be able to use that for a trip from Minden, Germany to Paris, France?

Sure you will.

Or will I need to buy a ticket from Rail Europe or someplace else because Eurail won’t get me where I need?

The pass is your ticket. Please read my response about how to book a pass reservation on Rail Europe.

Side note: Eurail is not a train company, it's a company set up by the state railways in Europe to promote and sell rail passes.