Solved

Missed connection with seat reservation query - TGV

• 18 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

I’m travelling pretty soon, going from London St. Pancras to Paris Nord and then getting a connection from Paris Est to Strasbourg on the same day. I will have about 40 mins to catch the train to Strasbourg, which (in theory) should be sufficient. As a reservation was required however, I am a little concerned about the options I would have, if the Eurostar was running late and I was to miss the connecting train. Will I be able to simply catch the next train or would I need to speak to the staff at the station first and validate my ticket for the next connection? If so, is the validation dependant on anything (e.g. seat availability for interrrail users? Would there be an additional charge for this?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 18 June 2023, 18:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need to speak to staff on Eurostar, they'll stamp your ticket with a Railteam stamp.

Then you'll have to find staff at Gare de l'Est and they'll put you free of charge on the next available train (whether in 1st or 2nd class).

(There are no quotas for passholders on TGVs and in most trains frankly).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seat availability for pass holders plays no role when you've missed a connection and need to be rebooked. A free seat is all you need.