Solved

Missed the last train of the day - how can I get a ticket for the train the next day?

• 30 July 2022
  • 5 replies

What Happens if I miss my Train due to a delay of the first train (and I only have very little time to change trains) and then have to take a train the next day, because the Train I missed was the last one for that day.

how can I get a ticket for the train the next day?

will I be compensated for a hotel or so?

thanks!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 30 July 2022, 10:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The staff of the train company that was in delay, is here to ask, they have to assist you. Where was it? 

It hasnt happened yet but I soon have a train and two stopps in geneva and zurich where I obly have 7 and 5 Minutes to change trains. And the one im taking in zurich is the last one for the day

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you traveling from France to Geneva? This trains are some times not in time, but for most of the time trains in Switzerland runs like a swiss clock on time. 

From Zürich where do you have to go?

Yes im coming from lyon to geneva.

from zurich its on to munich

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If a train is delayed, tell to the train staff on the train that this is your last connection. They can ask to wait the train for you. This is the train you will travel from Geneva?

There is another connection after, but you will travel via Basel, Mannheim to Munich. But arrival is late.