Mobile Pass - Pass Cover Number for Eurostar

Hi there. I have kept trying to get in touch with Eurail or Interrail over the last couple of weeks but haven’t heard anything back, so am trying here instead. I’m trying to book a Eurostar with an interrail mobile pass but everywhere says I need a Pass Cover Number, which I don’t have as it is a mobile pass. This seems a pretty significant flaw in the system which they should tell you before you choose a mobile pass. It looks like people have been sent private messages with pass cover numbers through this thread so I am just trying to see if I can get some help quicker through here as I am worried about our trains being booked up before I hear anything. Does anyone know how this might happen? Many thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can also call SNCF to book. Press #85 for English, no booking fees, no pass cover number needed, reservations are sent via e-mail.

I tried this, but because we are going to Brussels they could not help me. I just need the pass cover number for the b-europe.com booking system. It sounds like it is simple for them to send one over but no one is responding to me and there is no phone number anywhere to call. Thank you for your help though

I have the same problem and tried the SNCF number above and they couldn’t help. This issue of pass numbers is really ridiculous...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@symmonsandy@Mark McCallum 

You can  call Belgian railways (no fee but you'll have to pay phone charges; no pass cover number required; reservation will be emailed).

Thanks - I’ve tried that number and always get “call failure” messages back. You’ve had no problem?

Yeah I had the same problem as you Mark, I could not get through either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks - I’ve tried that number and always get “call failure” messages back. You’ve had no problem?

I called that number from Czechia last year and that worked just fine. From Croatia it would fail however. I asked them about it and they said they don't block any calls. Sounds like you should ask your telecom provider.