Solved

Mobile pass seat reservation issues ''not available'' or pass cover number needed

Hi everyone

I am trying to make seat reservations for a train from Paris to Annecy on 30th July anytime after 12pm. It looks on the interrail.eu seat reservations site like there is availability on a number of trains leaving that afternoon. It lets me select the 1st class or 2nd class option, asks for my contact tel number and to confirm the details of the people travelling (pre-populated) and then takes me to a screen where I need to tick to accept the booking conditions (screen before payment). At this point it refreshes to say that “this leg of my journey is no longer available to book’ and that the leg will be removed from my basket. It doesn’t however remove it from my basket and also won’t let me edit and remove it!

Thinking that there might be issues with the website, I tried to complete a booking through the other suggested route - the website B-Europe. Here I was able to select a train with availability but could not complete registering the passenger details as it asks for a paper pass cover number - and we have bought mobile passes. The mobile pass numbers are not accepted. 

I am really losing patience with this now and starting regret having purchased these tickets - as having designed our route and booked accommodation and Eurostar tickets it now looks like we can’t get to our destination or home again without selecting non-high speed trains. 

Please can someone advise how I can book this train - it’s a TGV from Paris to Annecy any time after 12pm on 30th July for 4 people.  

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 1 July 2022, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Call SNCF

TGV have a small quota for passholders-then its 10€-if taken, as long as seats are its 20-more as a normal ticket for short trips. The app cannot show the 20 for some reason.

DO note that the FRench have a nasty tendency to do their holidays start/finish at 1st/end of month-they call this ´les jours des grans departs´ and this means you have chosen a date that will be very hard to get. Thats ´local custom´. You can use it to advantage by using a TGV to a town that is not attractive to holidaymakers (Lyon perhaps) and use local TER train onward, plus that means many more trips possible.

above has been explained here a few zillion times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can call  b-europe and make the reservation. No need of Pass Cover Number.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

Another way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail. Not all credit cards are accepted.

For domestic French reservations, you can also call NS. Also no booking fees and they do accept VISA. Remember the country code (+31)

To get your Pass Cover Number, if you still will need it, you need to contact Customer Support through this form and ask for the Pass Cover Number.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please let Customer Support know what date your travel will start so that they can prioritise your request correctly.