Solved

Monte-Carlo to Ventimiglia byTER

• 24 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there!

Will travel from Ventimiglia (Italy) to Monaco Nov.4 and backward Nov.5 by TER. My Question is - If i will buy tickets online in advance (for example TER #86037 13:04 Monaco-Monte-Carlo- 13:32 Ventimiglia Fri 05 Nov. Standard, Semi-Flexible ) will this ticket valid for the 13:04 train or I can take next one or another (13:35,  14:11 ). The same question about rout Ventimiglia-Monaco.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 26 October 2021, 02:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The conditions that apply stand directly next to it.

to answer we need more informations which website do you use to book these trains?

French TER usually need no reservation for Railpassuser (However due Covid they made few reservation compulsory)

Sorry for lack of information.I have Italy only Eurail pass..So, will need to buy ticket from Ventimiglia to Monte -Carlo and back.I have checked it an Railurope site. (https://www.raileurope.com/en-us/journey/monaco-monte-carlo-ventimiglia-1jnp7pe?outbound=f7b725-3a59d9&leg=outbound)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

no need to buy so in advance the Ticket just cost 4,60€ per direction and can be booked directly before boarding via app (SNCF) or ticket machine

Thank you, seewulf.

Let me be more clear. My train from Genova arriving to Ventimiglia at 12:58. Closest train Ventimiglia- Monte Carlo departs at 13:15. In case if my train from Genova will be late ( 13:12 for example) I will not have time to buy ticket. So my question remains the same: If i will buy tickets online in advance (for example TER #86046 13:15 Ventimiglia   13:47 Monaco-Monte-Carlo  Thu 04 Nov.  Standard, Semi-Flexible ) will this ticket valid for the 13:04 train only or I can take next one or another (13:35,  14:11 ). The same question about rout Ventimiglia-Monaco.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

the problem is that rail europe is just a reseller and i don´t know what they mean with “Semi Flex” 😃 thats why i suggested to book directly with SNCF the Original operator 🙂 and there you can book even till last minute by their own app ;) because on SNCF the Tarif is called “Normal” and this means you can take on that day any train on that route within the same Category (means only TER trains) so you can decide on your own

OK, got it. Thank you very much