Solved

Munich - Zagreb sleeper - OBB recommended inferior option - can I do anything

• 28 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Hello all, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. We have 2 first class interrail tickets. We want to get a sleeper from Munich to Zagreb on 16 March. I looked on OBB and it looks as though there is something happening and we can’t get on the sleeper from Munich. OBB’s system said to change at Salzburg very early in the morning. I therefore booked a sleeper from Salzburg to Zagreb. 

However, I recently checked on DB and it is coming up with a better option - to change at Augsburg at 11pm-ish. We would be able to get to bed at around 11pm rather than after 2am. See below:

Can anyone shed any light on why this happened and offer any advice? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 March 2023, 09:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train does not have a stop in any Munich station that day. You can either board in Augsburg at 23:02 or in Rosenheim at 0:36.

Badge

Yes, my challenge is that my sleeper booking is from Salzburg. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can just enter Augsburg-Zagreb or Rosenheim-Zagreb on the ÖBB website.

Badge

I am not sure what you mean - I have already booked and paid for a sleeper from Salzburg to Zagreb.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am not sure what you mean - I have already booked and paid for a sleeper from Salzburg to Zagreb.

That was not clear from your previous posts.

In that case, you could either book a new reservation and cancel the first one (is possible until 15 days prior to 1st day of validity, so today). Or you just board in Augsburg. The price is the same so it doesn't really matter.

Badge

That was not clear from your previous posts.

In that case, you could either book a new reservation and cancel the first one (is possible until 15 days prior to 1st day of validity, so today). Or you just board in Augsburg. The price is the same so it doesn't really matter.

Thank you. In the email that came with the reservation it seemed to say that I couldn’t cancel a seat reservation, only a standard booking. But you are correct, so I have cancelled and rebooked as you suggested.