Solved

My paper reservations won't arrive in time because of shipping errors. Can I somehow get them at the station?

So I booked my reservations with plenty of time in advance. Most are e-tickets but 2 of them are on paper: 

• BUDAPEST-KELETI (Hungary) - BRASOV (Romania)
  • BRASOV (Romania) - WIEN HBF (Austria)

However, the postal service somehow has messed things up and my letter is being sent back due to an incorrect address issue. This means I will in all likelihood not receive them in time.

So my question is whether I can somehow go to the station in Budapest to get my paper reservation based on my order number?

Thanks,

Duarte

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2022, 11:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'll have to ask customer service about what is possible. They are responsible for the delivery, so any solution has to be without any additional costs. Do mention when you start travelling, i.e. when you leave home.

Yea I have asked them this but still waiting on a reply. I was hoping someone would know whether this is something that is normally possible.

Seems strange they would not be able to print it at the station. Or that they have to print it all for that matter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Seems strange they would not be able to print it at the station. Or that they have to print it all for that matter. 

There might have been options to get PDF reservations - Interrail is sometimes insisting on paper ones  (with more extra fees) for some reason where PDFs are available from other websites.

Whether or not they can be printed in Budapest depends on via which booking system they were booked. That would only work in case MÁV's system had been used for these reservations.

@rvdborgt I booked it on the interrail website so I assume I am out of luck?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt I booked it on the interrail website so I assume I am out of luck?

We don't know. As I said, it depends on via which booking system they were booked. Interrail use a number of railway companies to route their bookings through.

@rvdborgt I will contact them and see then, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is it for seats only or for bed?

IF seat: forget it, pay the odd € in HUF to have a new one at Keleti. Highly unlikely that they can retrieve booking with nr.

@mcadv  Its for a bed… I really don’t care about the money tbh. Just really want to have my bed on that trip. It is all work so I need to be fresh.