Skip to main content
Solved

Narvik to Björkliden seat reservations

• 30 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello,

June 12th I am planning on travelling from Stockholm to Narvik.  I wanted to take a direct nighttrain, but this train does not go due to railwork. So instead I want to take the train from Stockholm to Björkliden, with a change in Boden.  The last part from Björkliden to Narvik we will do by bus or hitchhiking.

My question is: how can I make reservations for these trains? (A bed for Stockholm-Boden, and a seat for Boden-Björkliden). I’ve tried the following options:

• Via Vy: you can only make reservations with an Interrail pass by calling them. However, I can’t reach them.  I’ve been in their phone queu for more than an hour for a couple of times now, and this is getting quite expensive…  They also dont respond to my e-mails.
  • Via Interrail: I get the following error (see screenshot)
  • via SJ: it says “tickets are not released"
  • via Trainplanet: tickets are also not released yet. I called them, and they told me they do not have any information about when they will be released.

Please, can somebody help me? Why is it not possible to book with Interrail? Are these trains already sold out? Did someone else manage to make reservations?

Thanks so much for your reply in advance. We have to book soon, and our whole trip depends on this connection...

6 replies

Hey, I had the exact same problem. Due to the system problems at VY, the only way right now to reserve with an Interrail Pass is by calling them.

Today finally got through after 90mins in the queue..

The operator then split the ticket in 2 parts (Stockholm-Boden and Boden-Björkliden) and told me they don't sell tickets to Narvik because they don't know if the replacement bus runs at all ("I wouldn't count on it")..

Will go next week..so let's see if I'm getting stranded in a rural Swedish town ^^

I have to say this whole experience is extremely frustrating and straight up hostile towards the customer experience.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Bahnokolis  Björkliden is not a town, not even a village. There are only some places for accommodation, restaurants, ski slopes and some organisers of outdoor activities. 

https://bjorkliden.com/en/about-bjorkliden/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found some information about the replacement bus for train 96 between Björkliden and Narvik.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you find the traffic information for the VY night trains.

https://www.vy.se/en/traffic-and-routes/traffic-info/vy-tag-traffic-info#item-330120783f1b3378db4951542e2562e4

VY finally came around with an update today. Tickets for the missing dates in june should be available on monday.

I'm not sure if it will be possible to book with interrail through other ways than calling them though. maybe trainplanet.com or sj.se by monday.

Thanks so much for your reply’s! 

I finally got in touch with Vy and was able to reserve seats for the trains Stockholm - Boden and Boden - Björkliden! It was not possible to book the bus yet.

However, the operator told us that they just received an update (it was not visible on the website yet) that tickets from Stockholm to Narvik for June 12th will be released as well. They are planning on releasing these on June 3th as well. 

It still feels a bit sketchy, and we wanted to be sure and booked the seats to Björkliden to be safe (it was only 100 SEK). But hopefully it is still possible to book a bed to Narvik in the end...