Solved

Night train

• 16 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi, another question on night trains :)

We’re looking to go from Lak Bled to Split & the connection has a night train from Dobova to Split & when I look to reserve - I get this message

Can’t find more information below on the Interrail site, but if I go on to the Nightjet website it seems I am able to book 2 couchettes in a 4 or 6 berth carriage. Does that sound reasonable? Does to me but then I’ve read elsewhere about not being to book couchettes mid journey / late in the night, so just wanted to check. TIA

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 January 2024, 13:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If it is on nightjet’s website possible, then book it there… cheaper and so on...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This would require 2 travel days though as the departure is after midnight (unless you buy Bled - Celje tickets).

What you could do is :

- train Bled - Ljubljana - Celje

- night train Celje - Split

One travel day and a longer night!

This would require 2 travel days though as the departure is after midnight (unless you buy Bled - Celje tickets).

What you could do is :

- train Bled - Ljubljana - Celje

- night train Celje - Split

One travel day and a longer night!

Thanks.  Will take a look at that option as well.  We've got the 22day consecutive pass, so i think the fact its 2 days shouldnt matter? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes right. No issues at all then, it'd only mean a longer night :)

Ah yes right. No issues at all then, it'd only mean a longer night :)

Just looked...might still do your option & have an afternoon in Ljubljana :)

Same issue that i cant book a couchette on the interrail site but can on the nightjet website.

I see the same as well for Augsburg to Venice for a different part of our trip

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Same issue that i cant book a couchette on the interrail site but can on the nightjet website.

The Interrail website should be the last choice to book reservations: it's more expensive, it's not always reliable and sometimes wants to send a paper reservation via the post while you can get it in electronic form elsewhere.

Check here for the best places to book reservations:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

The Interrail website should be the last choice to book reservations: it's more expensive, it's not always reliable and sometimes wants to send a paper reservation via the post while you can get it in electronic form elsewhere.

Check here for the best places to book reservations:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Great link. Thanks :) i'd noticed the interrail site was £2 more expensive for eurostar reservations, so will use the other options. 

OK  - so I may have made the mistake referred to in Step 4 of Method 1 for a sleeper from Augsburg to Venice, but I have got a confirmation email from OBB that says I have a Couchette carriage - Sparschiene Komfort inkl Reservierung and specifies a wagon number & seat numbers.

I didn’t use the OBB website referred to in the Seat61 guide & instead used the NightJet website that doesn’t have Method 1 / Method 2 options & just seemed to take me directly to a couchette booking option!

Thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nightjet is part of ÖBB (basically) and the website works fine, it highlights night trains directly so the overview is better. :)

As long as you added Interrail as a discount there shouldn't be an issue.