Solved

Night train from Naples to Palermo please help!

• 14 March 2024
  • 3 replies

My friend and I both have 1st class Eurail passes. I am very confused as what these cabin reservations mean?

Is it one single cabin for the both of us?

Is it a 1st class single cabin each?

What is the difference between the two?

Is it actually direct an I also looked on another site and the exact same train journey has a 40 minute connection? (I don’t know if this is the ferry?)

Advice would be greatly appreciated I just don’t want to make a mistake!

icon

Best answer by Hektor 14 March 2024, 08:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurail apparently still only book single compartments only in Italian sleepers, even if you want to book 2 or 3 persons at the same time.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. when is this going to be fixed? This problem has existed for far too long now.

You can book on www.raileurope.com (desktop website only). Price for 2 persons is €116:

Regular tickets are currently available for €155.80 (but for that price they can't be changed or refunded).

This price is for two single cabins. So you'd get two cabins. 

You may also book a cabin for two at a much lower price (58 € each) using www.raileurope.com.

In any case you'd need a 1st class rail pass. 

The second price does show a cabin with shower. That type is available but not for passholder. I assume it's an error fare. 

It's a direct train that goes on the ferry.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rvdborgt 

Indeed, it is strange we offer the double compartment but not when choosing two 1st class passengers.

I will check this with our technical agents. Thanks for bringing this up!